Transferring SX OS License to another console

This guide maybe useless but do-able

Assumption :

Switch A has an SX OS License, it doesnt matter if the console is healthy or not, we just need its eMMC module
Switch B is a healthy and working console

How it work

1. Backup the Switch A NAND to the micro sd card if possible, but if you got a bad or defective unit, then remove the eMMC module only along with its SX OS license.dat
2. Backup the Switch B NAND to the micro sd card, and remove the eMMC module
3. Install the Switch A eMMC module to Switch B, then restore the Switch B NAND into it
4. Copy or use SX OS license.dat from Switch A into Switch B
5. Use the latest SX OS version , e.g 2.7.1 beta, and boot the SX OS
6. Done

So each SX OS license is tied to a specific eMMC module (the eMMC chip), because each eMMC chip has a unique serial number

That's it..

Reactions: GCS, ELY_M and Hmed
D

Deleted User

This guide maybe useless but do-able

Assumption :

Switch A has an SX OS License, it doesnt matter if the console is healthy or not, we just need its eMMC module
Switch B is a healthy and working console

How it work

1. Backup the Switch A NAND to the micro sd card if possible, but if you got a bad or defective unit, then remove the eMMC module only along with its SX OS license.dat
2. Backup the Switch B NAND to the micro sd card, and remove the eMMC module
3. Install the Switch A eMMC module to Switch B, then restore the Switch B NAND into it
4. Copy or use SX OS license.dat from Switch A into Switch B
5. Use the latest SX OS version , e.g 2.7.1 beta, and boot the SX OS
6. Done

So each SX OS license is tied to a specific eMMC module (the eMMC chip), because each eMMC chip has a unique serial number

That's it..
Well that's another way to avoid spending $30+. Think I'll just have the other switch use Atmosphere instead

D

Deleted User

would work but i guess Nintendo locked all NANDS to the System. this is the reason for PRODINFO and PRODINFOF. am i wrong? thought this is what i heard.
EDIT: not PRODINFO and PRODINFOF. i meant biskeys

Last edited by ,

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would work but i guess Nintendo locked all NANDS to the System. this is the reason for PRODINFO and PRODINFOF. am i wrong? thought this is what i heard.
It ought to be possible to decrypt the nand using the first console's biskeys, inject the prodinfo and prodinfoF from the second console, then re-encrypt it using the second console's biskeys.

sthetix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Yeah we cannot transfer the NAND to other console, but we can transfer sx os license. So think about a 256GB eMMC bundled with SX OS license..

Last edited by sthetix,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Pretty sure people have successfully swapped the eMMC modules before, to increase storage among other things.

Reactions: APartOfMe
D

Deleted User

yeah thats what I'm thinking as well since I only want to use checkpoint on my clean 2nd switch and import my old saves
Well that but Atmosphere will release EmuMMC soon. That's the biggest feature SXOS have. Making SXOS useless for good. Can't wait to try it on my 2nd Switch

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sthetix does an average job on his tutorials, had to help numerous people following his tutorial and messing up, his video isn't always clear, always missing steps somewhere.

D

Deleted User

I use sxos just because of the built in cheat finder
It's a good cheat finder I'm not gonna lie. Faster and convenient. I would bother to try EdiZon but I really dont wanna go though the hassle of restoring nand after I'm done using it. Waiting until EmuMMC is released so I can try EdiZon cheat engine

Reactions: Deleted User

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that but Atmosphere will release EmuMMC soon. That's the biggest feature SXOS have. Making SXOS useless for good. Can't wait to try it on my 2nd Switch

Not to be that guy, but if you thing emunand is the biggest feature SX OS has to offer, you're lying to yourself. You know SX OS's biggest feature is XCI loading and the only feature that Atmosphere will not copy.

Reactions: JoeBloggs777

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ppl will still have many reasons to keep using the sxos I cannot part ways with it simply b/c it allows xci loading/mounting from an external HDD which some ppl tend to forget in their nsp arguments.
Switching to atmosphere means I lose 80% of my game library, but I wouldn't mind using it on a 2nd switch just for 1 or 2 homebrew apps

sthetix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@sthetix does an average job on his tutorials, had to help numerous people following his tutorial and messing up, his video isn't always clear, always missing steps somewhere.[/QUOTE]

then why did u do it? its my video and my responsibility and u just need to ask them to contact me. even the official guide broken too. nothing is perfect and so do you.

Reactions: lpoolm
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@sthetix does an average job on his tutorials, had to help numerous people following his tutorial and messing up, his video isn't always clear, always missing steps somewhere.

then why did u do it? its my video and my responsibility and u just need to ask them to contact me. even the official guide broken too. nothing is perfect and so do you.[/QUOTE]
Why should they have to contact you for your guide you made that is outdated the moment its uploaded

lpoolm

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have used many of the ops videos, 3ds/switch, never had an issue, easy to follow and on the rare occasion I do have an issue always seems to answer my questions on YouTube.

Reactions: NoNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.