Transferring SD from FCW 3DS to FCW 3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Eric Skittles, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Eric Skittles
    OP

Eric Skittles Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    I've been in this modding stuff alot lately and am curious:
    I have the LumaCFW obtained from the http://3ds.guide, but I want to move my SD card from my regular, small blue 3DS to my 3DS XL (not New). Is there anything I should be aware of? My XL has NO data on it, so I'll have to mod it and put the CFW on it. But once I do all of that, will I be able to simply put my other SD Card in it and use all of that modded software?
    I feel like that doesn't really make much sense, but answers/insight would be fantastic.
    Thanks!

2. MegaBoyEXE

MegaBoyEXE GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2015
    Brazil
    Yes, you can perform a System Transfer from one device to another.
    Just install Luma3DS first, and after you have both of them modded, you can safely perform the System Transfer from Settings.

Not sure if this is your intention, or you just wanna use the SD. It's not much clear for me what you are trying to do.

Last edited by MegaBoyEXE, Jan 31, 2017
    Eric Skittles likes this.
  3. Eric Skittles
    OP

Eric Skittles Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Sorry. But hey, your response sounds like a good solution. I didn't think system transfers were safe with CFW. But okay: say both of them are modded with the same custom firmware, would i be able to take my SD card out of my first modded system and move it over to my new modded system? Or does a system transfer NEED to be done?
    hehe, make sense?

4. MegaBoyEXE

MegaBoyEXE GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2015
    Brazil
    If you want to move your current installed games, saves, friendlist, miis, eshop account, then you are required to perform a System Transfer.
    Your 3DS XL will not recognize the data in your SD card. If you insert it ther, it will start a new profile (the old profile will not be deleted, but you can just access it from your older 3DS)

Quantumcat likes this.
  5. Eric Skittles
    OP

Eric Skittles Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Thanks dude. I actually figured that since it works the same way with a regular firmware system.
    Thanks.

6. cheuble

cheuble Marieismâ„¢

Feb 6, 2016
    France
    Somewhere
    FirmCustomWare?

Zidapi, Quantumcat and KunoichiZ like this.