Hacking Transferring Saves from PC to Actual DSi Card?

Rinduri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty then... I'm new to the whole flash cart thing (and indeed even DS-related things, just got my own a few weeks ago) so please allow me to ask this question in my utter noobiness. I didn't exactly know where to post, but considering I actually have the DSTwo cart I figured I might start here... sorry if it is in the incorrect section.

My question is simple: is there a way to get the a .sav of SoulSilver off of my PC and onto the legit, in-store bought cartridge version of the game? I bought a DSTwo in anticipation of being able to do this feat, yet lost all the threads and guides on how to do so in the gap between wanting and acquiring... only to have my Google skills fail me presently. I -think- it is possible, but, like I said, I don't know enough to figure it out on my own... and so I have come here.

I know that you can use http://www.shunyweb.info to convert the file into a format that can be read by the flashcart, but I'm not sure how to get that same save onto the SoulSilver cart. Please help.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
you would need a cart dumper to actually re-upload the dump back into the cart. If i'm not mistaken.
unsure.gif

Rinduri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
why do you want it in the retail cart? why not just back the game up to your dstwo and use the save with it? that would be much simpler

My intention is to get the save which I've worked on for hours on No$ onto a legit copy so that I can play online.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Jan 1 2011, 05:11 PM) For most games yes... but HG/SS have different internal hardware (because of the IR port), so normal save backup methods do not work.

They will work if you're willing to open your cart and solder a connection, though.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=215641

Resident fur huh? Hehe.

Anywho, I can't solder unfortunately...

What's so different about these games? I thought people transfered the saves off and on all the time...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
People transfer saves on and off of pokemon games all the time... except for these two, heartgold and soulsilver.

Like I said, they have different hardware because they have an infrared port. It's how they communicate with the pokewalker. This changes the use of the pin that's normally used for save data.

While I could sit here and give you the technical explanation, it won't change the facts. You will either need to solder to back up or write the save file, or you will need this device.

http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...lus-p-3018.html

You NEED the "plus" version, the older standard one does not work with these games.

Rinduri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
People transfer saves on and off of pokemon games all the time... except for these two, heartgold and soulsilver.

Like I said, they have different hardware because they have an infrared port. It's how they communicate with the pokewalker. This changes the use of the pin that's normally used for save data.

While I could sit here and give you the technical explanation, it won't change the facts. You will either need to solder to back up or write the save file, or you will need this device.

http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...lus-p-3018.html

You NEED the "plus" version, the older standard one does not work with these games.

Alright, well thank you for the information. Time to go spend $30 haha.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Errr Rydian? Have you forgotten about the recently developed backup homebrew thats actualy capable of backing up and restoring HG/SS saves? I mean, it was you who posted it here in the temp ;-)

A working software to backup HG/SS saves.

EDIT: The newest version now also supports WiFi Dumping :-)

EDIT2: No problem, thats why I posted it
smile.gif

The first version actualy needed an EZFlash3in1 module to use it, so it was bound to work with a DS/DSL with Slot-2 but this seemed kind of buggy on some systems, but WiFi now seems to work perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free