Transferring Save Games from NDS Cart to OSX?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by macgamer, Jul 13, 2007.

Jul 13, 2007
  1. macgamer
    OP

Newcomer macgamer Advanced Member

United States
    Is there a utility that I could use with an R4/3-in-1 to transfer the saves from my NDS carts to my Mac OSX computer to then use them with roms on the R4? I know Savsender exists, but it doesn't seem to work with OSX (I don't have any of this yet though so I'm just working in theory).

And a side note-- can you turn the rumble on the 3-in-1 off even for games that use it?

2. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    I use OS X and Windows XP Daily. If it works with XP, It will work with mac os X. BTW I'm dualbooting rightnow with bootcamp, if you get OSX you should probably do the same for certain things.

3. JesterDev

Member JesterDev GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Bootcamp is your best bet. Unless you can get the windows apps to work under wine, or crossover office but I haven't tried myself.

4. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    You guys can't assume he can bootcamp -- maybe he has a PowerPC unit and can't dual-boot into Windoze.

As for transferring from the DS Cart to your Mac... don't know [​IMG]

5. acidrain

Newcomer acidrain Advanced Member

Canada
    If you wanna stay on OSX, you can follow this tutorial. If I'm not mistaken, you should have netcat (nc) with OSX.

6. macgamer
    OP

United States
    Nope, I don't have an Intel machine (so no Windows)... that's why I'm in need of help.

Thanks acidrain-- I'll look into that.

7. ZeWarrior

Brazil
    All macs you use the Intel Chip so he can. Unless he does buy that PowerPC but a Macbook or a Macbook Pro is WAY better

8. macgamer
    OP

United States
    Well thanks for that enlightened, although slightly grammatically incorrect, sentence. However, anyone who bought a Mac BEFORE they were built on Intel chips has a PowerPC Mac, of which I am one. Not everyone can afford a new computer every year.

9. ZeWarrior

Brazil
    I got my Mac in December 06, I won't buy a new one until 2008 or 2009, So I know what you mean.

10. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I had bought a Dual 2.3G5 back in July 2005, and then bought a MacBook Pro in September 2006 [​IMG] I needed to have 1 machine with the Intel processor. Why? Because. [​IMG]

11. macgamer
    OP

United States
    I'm being lazy and don't want to read today... can anyone confirm that that tutorial acidrain linked to works on PPC OSX?

Thanks!

12. macgamer
    OP

United States
    Udpate... so I stopped being lazy and read it. Theoretically it will work. Has anyone done this? If so, where can I download Netcat for OSX? Or is it built into OSX?

Thanks again

13. acidrain

Newcomer acidrain Advanced Member

Canada
    I'm pretty sure it's built in OSX, it is a common tool included in linux and BSD (OSX is derived from BSD).
    If you want to try, just open a terminal (I saw on the internet that it should be in the utilities folder) and type "nc" without the quotes, then enter. You should see something like "Command Line : ". On linux you have to type ctrl + c to quit, so on osx I think it's the apple key + c.

The tutorial is for windows, but if you know how to find you IP adress, then the rest is exactly the same, and it's more simple than it looks like.

It worked for me with windows and linux (OSX and linux share the same base)

14. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France