Hacking Transferring save file between retail cart and .cia file?

JasonMoh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hello, everyone, lately I have been playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (MH4U).

What I wanted to know is how to transfer save file between retail cart and .cia file.
I have been playing in a retail cart and I have read some posts and I found this post.

"1. Directly transferring retail carts with SDF requires CFW.

Steps:
2-1. Confirm that your retail cart save isn't either 6.0 encrypted or 128KB. Otherwise it's unsupported.
2-2. If your cart save is 2.2 Card2 (such as Animal Crossing, to be notice that Pokemons are all 6.0 Card2 so unsupported), then just dump ROM and put it to GW-Red/MT-White card to use SDF to read it.
2-3. If your cart save is 2.2 Card1 512KB, please dump both ROM and save, then put them into MT-White card to use SDF to read it. (GW can't recognize the save because saves aren't inside the Red card)."

by MelonGX in https://gbatemp.net/threads/transfe...cia-game-with-save-data-transfer-tool.379420/

I have SDF installed in CFW and when I try to export the save file after inserting retail cart and going into SDF, I see red letters "CTR - Broken". I don't know if MH4U is 6.0 encrypted but I know that it is 2.2 Card1 512KB because I checked with GW Rom Trimmer software and I backuped the save file from GW menu and save file size was 512KB. The problem is I do not have MT-White card but have GW-Red card.

Is there a way to move save file from retail MH4U to .cia? If I can get through exporting save file from retail MH4U, I know how to do rest of the stuff.

Also, if I decide to go back to retail card later, can I export save from .cia by SDF and use extracted save file in CFW's SDF to import it back to retail card?

JasonMoh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
This is probably your best bet. Not sure if MH works or not as it is one of those iffy games, but so is Ssb and it reportedly works.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-savegame-manager-plugin-for-ntr-1-0-2-0.384865/

I looked into it and it seems I can't do anything about it.
1. NTR CFW 2.0 is only for N3DS and Cubic Ninja. I have neither so this is not an option.
2. NTR CFW 1.0 supports only GW firmware 2.2 and Emunand below v5.1.0. I have GW firmware 3.1.0 and Emunand v9.2.0.
So, neither works out unless cell9 makes NTR CFW 2.0 compatible with old/regular 3ds and xl.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked into it and it seems I can't do anything about it.
1. NTR CFW 2.0 is only for N3DS and Cubic Ninja. I have neither so this is not an option.
2. NTR CFW 1.0 supports only GW firmware 2.2 and Emunand below v5.1.0. I have GW firmware 3.1.0 and Emunand v9.2.0.
So, neither works out unless cell9 makes NTR CFW 2.0 compatible with old/regular 3ds and xl.
You haven't crossed over to the Dark Side have you?

You can borrow a N3DS from a reputable retailer with a return policy such as Best Buy or Wally World. A little leg work and you can find a 9.2 black one. Of course you will need to purchase CN, I highly recommend getting it. I bought 3 @$30 each.

Once you have it off the cart SDF takes over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 263

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...