transferring pokemon white from desmume version 0.9.6

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by erasered, Sep 8, 2011.

1. erasered
    OP

erasered Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2011
    Senegal
    Hey. Sorry but I'm new here...

So I'm playing Pokemon White on DeSmuME version 0.9.6 and have defeated the Elite 4 and stuff but I now want to have wifi. I consulted this tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/t281899-tutorial-on-get...wifi-on-desmume? but after I downloaded version 0.9.7 with wifi capabilities (the link was provided in the aforementioned tutorial), I realized that I will have to restart Pokemon White all over again if I want to have wifi.

Does anyone know how I can 'transfer' Pokemon White from version 0.9.6 to 0.9.7? I tried 'save state as' but when I open the state in 0.9.7 the emulator freezes. I really really want to have wifi connection [​IMG] ! Thanks in advance.

2. prectorian

prectorian Chef Kirby

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2010
    Go to FILE on the v.0.9.7, choose IMPORT BACKUP MEMORY.
    Locate the v.0.9.6 save file.

3. erasered
    OP

erasered Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2011
    Senegal
    Sorry but when I open version 0.9.7, the import backup memory button is not clickable.

4. prectorian

prectorian Chef Kirby

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2010
    Load the rom first. Then go to File and Import.

Edit:
    Or Once you Load the rom, Go to File and Choose LOAD STATE FROM.

5. erasered
    OP

erasered Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2011
    Senegal

After I load the ROM I can't find the file after clicking import backup memory. If I try load state from, the emulator will freeze.

6. prectorian

prectorian Chef Kirby

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2010
    Strange...I used load state and it didn't freeze. Not sure why it freeze on your's.