Transferring pokemon B/W save files to the DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xXMelvinXx, Sep 16, 2013.

1. xXMelvinXx
    OP

xXMelvinXx Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    United States
    Hello all,
    Since Pokemon X and Y are coming out soon, I am preparing my competitive teams for transfer in Pokegen. I know that you can use the Action Replay to take the save file from a retail cart on to your PC. However, I was wondering if there was any way to put large amounts of Pokémon at once onto a my Pokemon White 2 cartridge so I can put them into the Pokemon Bank that is going to be released alongside Pokemon X and Y. I honestly do not have time to transfer hundreds of Pokémon one by one through ir-gts or any gts service. The easiest way would be if I could somehow get the modified save file from my computer back on to my DS. I would appreciate any suggestions and am willing to buy hardware to help me with this process. I also have a Pokemon Black cartridge, if that helps.
    Thanks,
    -Melvin

2. curley12

curley12 Mr.Awesome

Dec 24, 2012
    Somewhere
    R4I DONGLE MAYBE???

3. xXMelvinXx
    OP

xXMelvinXx Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    United States
    Please Explain?

4. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    The R4i SaveDongle is a $20 device that can read and write (3)DS(i) game saves.
    Many GBAtemp members (myself included) received them as part of a promotion in exchange for reviews (many of which were never written).

It's a nifty little device to have, and it works with nearly every game, unlike that old Gameshark DS crap.

If you don't have any save-modifying devices (which can include a Slot-2 flashcart), then custom GTS servers are your best bet.

5. xXMelvinXx
    OP

xXMelvinXx Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    United States
    Well, I looked it up, and it looks like the save dongle will work! I will purchase one as soon as possible. Thank you for your help and I will post a follow-up when Pokemon X/Y comes out saying if the modified save file works with the Pokemon Bank application.​

6. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
  7. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I posted mine, but most of them weren't allowed to be posted here. They actually banned R4i SaveDongle reviews because they had far too many of them.

8. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Well part of the thing was that most of them were like 3-4 sentences at the most and just spamming up the forums in return for a 'sponsorship'.

There's a definite line between a "review" and an "advertisement", and 9/10 of the "reviews" were just quick ads.

9. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Ummm... what?
    On my DSi, I can run NesDS, load a ROM, then remove my flashcart and it'll still work fine. I use that trick for multiplayer all the time.

Or did you mean DS-Mode?

10. Jiro2

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    I thought it was something like that, but I don't have a reference. At any rate, you can only use it on a DS or DS Lite, but if you have a flashcart already (which you probably do if you're posting here) it's a free program.

11. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Well, I have an AK2i and a DS Lite, so I should be good.
    I just wanted to know why people though you couldn't cart-swap on a DSi.

Now that I think about it, even Team Acekard said you can't swap on a DSi. Not that I'd risk it when I'm running a flasher on my (then) only flashcart.

12. Jiro2

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    I have an Acekard as well. If you run it on an Acekard, use the 0.2.4 version; the 0.3.0 won't work.

13. DavidoRomano

DavidoRomano Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hi guys, sorry for bumping this old thread, but I want to make sure I understand.
    I'm planning to transfer my Pokemon White .sav from my emulator onto my 3DS White game. Afterwards I wanna use my White to send pokemons to X/Y via poke transporter.
    This will work with the R4i SaveDongle? Or are there easier ways? Keep in mind that unfortunately wi-fi for BW/BW2 has been shut down, so no fake GTS which was my original plan. :(

14. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    you need the save dongle or nds adapter plus

15. EMegamanu

EMegamanu GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    France
    You need :
    - a DS or a DS lite (not a DSi or 3DS)
    - a DS linker that can run homebrews
    - savegame manager 0.2.4 Beta by Pokedoc : https://code.google.com/p/savegame-manager/
    - a Windows computer
    - smallftpd server (the only one FTP server I found working with): http://smallftpd.sourceforge.net/
    - a wifi WEP hotspot (computer Wifi card if supported, your router, a wifi extender...)

I use this to extract saves from by HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 cartridges.
    I did not yet test injection, but it must theoricaly work.

16. DavidoRomano

DavidoRomano Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2014
    Gambia, The
    thanks. This option wont work for me though since I only have a 3DS :(

17. EMegamanu

EMegamanu GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    France
    Maybe someone can lend you one. Or maybe you can buy one ebay. It is not really expensive.

I added one information I have forgotten about wifi communication between DS and PC.