Transferring Mii / Streetpass data from linked Emunand to Sytem nand or Downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ronhero, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Ronhero
    OP

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I have a backup of 4.5 system nand as well as a copy of 9.5 emunand and they are linked. I want to transfer my plaza from 9.5 to 4.5 so I can system transfer them to my N3ds.

So far I have been unable to edit them in after xoring them out of the old emunand, I have tried to copy over the data folder as well as the ticket.db and a few other things with no success.

My end goal would to either downgrade emunand to 4.5 or find a way to edit in the mii plaza data so I can then inject and rexor into the 4.5 nand

2. Ronhero
    OP

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Still not getting it to transfer but now I do see my mii in the mii maker banner so that's some progress... Still hoping someone can lend a hand so I can write a complete guide

3. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    You won't be able to transfer Mii Plaza data from 9.5 to 4.5 without bricking because there's been a couple of updates to it between those two versions.

You'll have to update your sysNAND to 7.x or higher, 9.2 ideally.

Then you can replace your sysNAND Mii Plaza data with your emuNAND one.

4. Ronhero
    OP

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I think I can flash 7.1 over my system nand have to double check. What files in the fat16 nand am I looking for to transfer the data?

5. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    Now that there's been an update to Mii Plaza recently I'd really recommend updating to 9.2

Transferring from 9.x emuNAND to 9.x sysNAND (or 7.x to 7.x, 8.x to 8.x etc...) is the best way to minimise the risk of bricking.

You're going to want to move both the Mii Plaza data and the Mii Maker data (title IDs 00000218 and 00000217 respectively).