Hacking Transferring Luma (Emunand) to a 64gb Micro Sd card - Question

Herald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, about two weeks ago i installed luma, which is great and all, but i've recently decided to move onto a new card (64gb class 10 Sandisk), and yes, i'm still using an emunand, partially because all my games are already installed on there.

I'm well aware on the process on how to format the card to fat32 and the injection process but somehow the transfer speeds on the card are horrendous, and the emunand does not show up during the boot up process. It's been a while since i made the transfer to a 64gb on my other 3ds.

Any suggestions, and help is much appreciated!

as for the programs i use, guidformat.exe to format the card with an allocation size of 32768 as administrator. Then i inject the emunand with the multinand tool by DarkMatterCore.

Am i doing something wrong?

Last edited by Herald,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Herald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, I done this myself before. This will require a lot of space on your computer so you know and is slow, depending on sdcard size and speed.

I used this guide - https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/ worked like a charm!
The problem you have at the moment is that on your new card the "hidden" emunand partition isn't transfered. So you need to clone a 1:1 copy.

It should be on the card as a hidden partition because i'm using multinand to inject the emunand partition onto the card.

It worked on my other card prior, and the transfer speeds are normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.