Transferring island from banned switch to new OFW stock switch ban risk?

PyroFierceDeity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, a short quick question for you all. I have a hacked banned switch with animal crossing and the island transfer took both installed. They both use common tickets.

I have my girlfriend's old unbanned switch on OFW since I got her a lite. I have the cartridge for animal crossing, and want to transfer my island from my banned hacked switch to her old OFW switch and play online with her.

Does the OFW switch pose a risk of getting banned since I transferred the island from a "fake" copy? Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: I want to add my island is super vanilla. No hacks or cheating or anything of the sort.

Last edited by PyroFierceDeity,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
There was someone who did that a while ago.
He didn't get a ban in Animal Crossing but he was banned from SmashBros.
But I presume he did some hacking.
Chances are low that you will get a ban for just transfering the data.

Transfering that data is a bit tricky if you want to keep your Switch clean.
It involves dumping the NAND, adding the Animal Crossing data and restoring the NAND.

PyroFierceDeity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was someone who did that a while ago.
He didn't get a ban in Animal Crossing but he was banned from SmashBros.
But I presume he did some hacking.
Chances are low that you will get a ban for just transfering the data.

Transfering that data is a bit tricky if you want to keep your Switch clean.
It involves dumping the NAND, adding the Animal Crossing data and restoring the NAND.
Wait really? I can't just use the Island transfer tool? I was able to transfer the data successfully but haven't boot it up on my cartridge yet. I've read around here people were able to transfer their islands from banned to unbanned/clean switches no problem.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wait really? I can't just use the Island transfer tool? I was able to transfer the data successfully but haven't boot it up on my cartridge yet. I've read around here people were able to transfer their islands from banned to unbanned/clean switches no problem.
You can safely send the data without worries, the transfer tool does all the work, no ban risl

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry to bring up this post, but I've been banned because of a mistake I made, and I'd like to install this tool before I change my console and (I promise) stop hacking... but it's impossible to download it with a banned console, so how can I do it? Thanks.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to bring up this post, but I've been banned because of a mistake I made, and I'd like to install this tool before I change my console and (I promise) stop hacking... but it's impossible to download it with a banned console, so how can I do it? Thanks.

Banned in Animal Crossing is different than a system ban lol

FabioCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
same here, did you find a solution? I downloaded a nsp, but it cant find my ofw switch on there. I used to have the official version but I deleted it when I was unbanned
Post automatically merged:

same here, did you find a solution? I downloaded a nsp, but it cant find my ofw switch on there. I used to have the official version but I deleted it when I was unbanned

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap.