Hacking Question Transferring from SXOS to Atmopshere

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I currently have my switch on 11.0.0 using sxos and sysnand.
if i decide to transfer to atmopshere can someone please explain the easiest way?

Thanks all

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi All,

I currently have my switch on 11.0.0 using sxos and sysnand.
if i decide to transfer to atmopshere can someone please explain the easiest way?

Thanks all
By "sxos and sysnand" you mean SX OS in emuNAND + sysNAND? Or sxos and stock FW both on sysNAND?
However, just download latest atmosphère + sigpatches, use the fusee-primary payload and you're done if no emuNAND is involved.
If it is, use hekate's emuMMC (=emuNAND) migrate feature first.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
By "sxos and sysnand" you mean SX OS in emuNAND + sysNAND? Or sxos and stock FW both on sysNAND?
However, just download latest atmosphère + sigpatches, use the fusee-primary payload and you're done if no emuNAND is involved.
If it is, use hekate's emuMMC (=emuNAND) migrate feature first.
Sxos and both stock firmware no emunand.
Do i need to delete any files or folders?
Will all my saves and games work as normal?

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Games and saves will work normally, by games i assume you mean not-so-legit backups so you'll need sigpatches, but aside from that you'll keep saves either way

Reactions: shanefromoz

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So if I got you right, you don't use an emuNAND at all but switch between CFW (SX OS in your case) and stock FW only on your sysNAND?
In this case there's really not much you have to do. All your savegames are there. You literally just boot with Atmosphère into that very same sysNAND instead of doing it with SX OS.
If you use a CFW on your sysNAND you can get hit by a ban wave anytime. I hope you're aware of that.
After that being said, the easiest way for you would be to do the following:
  1. Download this very nice homebrew (as it does almost everything for you automatically) to your SD card and launch it from within SX OS using the hbmenu (not the SX OS rommenu) by holding R and launching any game:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-swi...w-and-cheats-directly-from-the-switch.574043/
  2. There you do the following:
    Download the latest sigpatches (you can just get both versions -> hekate and fusee),
    download Atmosphère and say yes when it asks you if you want hekate too (to get you into sysNAND in case you want to).
  3. From your PC get the latest fusee-primary.bin payload (google for Github atmosphere, go to releases and there it is) and use that to boot into Atmosphère or use the hekate payload (google for hekate ctcaer github) and use that to have a bootmenu that lets you choose what to boot.
  4. Optional: Download FW 12.0.0 too from within the AiO Switch Updater and install it from within Atmosphère using the homebrew Daybreak (automatically comes with Atmosphère).
Let me know if something's not clear to you.

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Games and saves will work normally, by games i assume you mean not-so-legit backups so you'll need sigpatches, but aside from that you'll keep saves either way
Thank you.
I keep being told to use emunand but i dont understand it.
Am i wrong to say if i activate emunand now on 11.0.0 do i then update sysnand to latest and keep emunand lower so it will work with sxos?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So if I got you right, you don't use an emuNAND at all but switch between CFW (SX OS in your case) and stock FW only on your sysNAND?
In this case there's really not much you have to do. All your savegames are there. You literally just boot with Atmosphère into that very same sysNAND instead of doing it with SX OS.
If you use a CFW on your sysNAND you can get hit by a ban wave anytime. I hope you're aware of that.
After that being said, the easiest way for you would be to do the following:
  1. Download this very nice homebrew (as it does almost everything for you automatically) to your SD card and launch it from within SX OS using the hbmenu (not the SX OS rommenu) by holding R and launching any game:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-swi...w-and-cheats-directly-from-the-switch.574043/
  2. There you do the following:
    Download the latest sigpatches (you can just get both versions -> hekate and fusee),
    download Atmosphère and say yes when it asks you if you want hekate too (to get you into sysNAND in case you want to).
  3. From your PC get the latest fusee-primary.bin payload (google for Github atmosphere, go to releases and there it is) and use that to boot into Atmosphère or use the hekate payload (google for hekate ctcaer github) and use that to have a bootmenu that lets you choose what to boot.
  4. Optional: Download FW 12.0.0 too from within the AiO Switch Updater and install it from within Atmosphère using the homebrew Daybreak (automatically comes with Atmosphère).
Let me know if something's not clear to you.
Thanks mate.
1 switch is banned and the 2nd is not.
I was going to add emunand but dont fully understand it.
I am in belief that for example i can add emunand now on 11.0.0 and it will work with sxos.
Can i then update sysnand to 12.0.0 and keep emunand on 11.0.0 and it will work fine with sxos?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you.
Am i wrong to say if i activate emunand now on 11.0.0 do i then update sysnand to latest and keep emunand lower so it will work with sxos?
Well there's a little more to know about all that.
If you've done things on your sysNAND already that would get you banned, there's no point in creating an emuNAND now apart from the fact that SX OS only supports 11.0.0 and if you want to continue using it then yes: Create an emuNAND so you can keep using it there.
If you're already banned and are not interested in SX OS's XCI mounting feature (which is the only thing that SX OS still has and Atmosphère doesn't) then just install Atmosphère like I described and be happy on the latest FW.

Thank you.

Thanks mate.
1 switch is banned and the 2nd is not.
I was going to add emunand but dont fully understand it.
I am in belief that for example i can add emunand now on 11.0.0 and it will work with sxos.
Can i then update sysnand to 12.0.0 and keep emunand on 11.0.0 and it will work fine with sxos?
Yes. If you have an unbanned sysNAND, create an emuNAND out of it that you keep offline and use CFW on that while keeping the sysNAND up to date without using CFW there.

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well there's a little more to know about all that.
If you've done things on your sysNAND already that would get you banned, there's no point in creating an emuNAND now apart from the fact that SX OS only supports 11.0.0 and if you want to continue using it then yes: Create an emuNAND so you can keep using it there.
If you're already banned and are not interested in SX OS's XCI mounting feature (which is the only thing that SX OS still has and Atmosphère doesn't) then just install Atmosphère like I described and be happy on the latest FW.

Yes. If you have an unbanned sysNAND, create an emuNAND out of it that you keep offline and use CFW on that while keeping the sysNAND up to date without using CFW there.
Do i then keep emunand at 11.0.0 and update sysnand to 12.0.0

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do i then keep emunand at 11.0.0 and update sysnand to 12.0.0
You keep your sysNAND up to date (which is currently 12.0.0) yes.
And you keep your emuNAND on either 11.0.0 if you're still interested in using SX OS or up to date too if you're fine using Atmosphère only as your CFW.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks heaps
Sure.
Before you create an emuNAND/emuMMC, I recommend you to make a NAND backup and then do a backup of everything that is on your SD card to your PC.
Also use FAT32 on your SD card, not exFAT and keep in mind that most ways to create an emuNAND will wipe everything from your SD card so you have to recopy it from your PC to the card.
If you want to use SX OS with that emuNAND you have to create the emuNAND using the SX OS bootmenu (partition based).
That way you can "migrate" it afterwards from within hekate which makes your emuNAND usable by both: SX OS and Atmosphère which is pretty nice.

Edit: Details on how to create the emuNAND and how to migrate it to use it with Atmosphère too are written here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/partition-based-emummc-and-l4t-ubuntu-on-the-same-sd-card.543956/
The thread mainly covers how to get Ubuntu on the SD card but pick out the points that cover emuMMC/emuNAND stuff since they'll guide you on what to do.

Last edited by lordelan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards