Transferring from Emunand to arm9hax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by flashsugar, Aug 28, 2016.

1. flashsugar
    OP

flashsugar Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    United States
    Hi , i have a old 2ds that has emunand on it and i am curious how do i transfer to arm9. I have been not checking these forums for over 6 months maybe more and haven't been caught up to speed on how the new stuff works

Edit: RXtools was installed on this 2ds. Don't know if thats outdated or if its fine to just stick to that

Last edited by flashsugar, Aug 28, 2016
  2. JosephNeale

JosephNeale Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Wirral, England, UK
    Last edited by JosephNeale, Aug 28, 2016
  3. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    Do sysnand backup. Do emunand backup. Follow the guide linked above. Profit.

4. Ev1lbl0w

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    If you want to transfer the contents of your EmuNAND to SysNAND, just make a backup of EmuNAND and restore that backup on SysNAND.
    Note, however, that you'll lose every content SysNAND had (unless you also do a backup).

Also, you should only do this if the two nands are from the same region. Or else, you'll BRICK.

5. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    @flashsugar
    If using Decrypt9, be sure to use the "Keep A9LH" option. If you can't trust yourself to make sure you choose that (some people on the forum didn't use that option), use Hourglass9, which doesn't give you the option to overwrite A9LH.

6. Ev1lbl0w

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    OMG, I forgot about that. Thanks @UniqueGeek, I could have ruined his A9LH. Now I feel kinda bad...