Transferring downloaded games from USB Helper to SD card WITHOUT USB helper

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jackboy, Nov 24, 2018.

1. jackboy
    OP

jackboy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    Chile
    Hi

I am having trouble since USB Helper has gone down.

Some time ago I downloaded a load of games with USB Helper and used the program to transfer them to SD.

Now I want to install these games on another wii U and have it all ready to transfer games. However, when I transfer the games via windows explorer on many occassions I can't install from WUP Installer. It says check all the files are in the folder.

PLEASE can anyone help with this issue. Is there another program I can use to tansfer my already downloaded games onto SD.

Thanks in advance

2. jackboy
    OP

jackboy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    Chile
    I have just found a transfer tool to do just what I asked in the previous post.

"Wii U USB Transfer Too"

I am having trouble using this tool however, if anyone has any guides or suggestions I'd really appreciate it :)

3. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Check the folder structure like let's say you got Mario Maker it should be a folder that says Mario Maker [AMAE01] then directly inside that folder your .app files. If there's a folder then a folder inside that folder, WUPInstaller can't read it. If you do have two folders simply copy the folder that's closest to your .app files by right clicking and choosing copy then paste it in your sd card in the install folder.

(p.s. Mario Maker [AMAE01] was just an example, it actually doesn't matter what the folder says as long as there's no special characters)

You don't need a program to install the game to your sd card. I've never used one. It's a file structure issue. It's really not that difficult if you check your folders and correct them then copy them to your sd card.

Last edited Nov 24, 2018
    Ryccardo likes this.
  4. jackboy
    OP

jackboy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    Chile
    Thanks for the reply

What I tried was this : I made sure there was only 1 game in the install folder. I then moved ALL the files from the folder and placed them directly in the install folder.

It seems to be installing the game...Once it is installed I will try and play it! :)

5. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    You should be good.

6. jackboy
    OP

jackboy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    Chile
    well it worked which is amazing. BUT it is strange that I can't have say 3 games in the install folder and install them one after the other. When I used USB Helper to transfer to SD card you could transfer many games at once.

What do you think on the chance of throwing the files of 2 games in the install folder and trying to install them both in one hit?? dangerous???

7. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    You can install multiple games with wupinstaller from the install folder.

Are you just throwing the .app files in install folder? That's not what you're supposed to do. They still need to be in an individual game folder if you want more than one game to install.

Like this

Install Folder >
    Mario Maker Folder > .app folders inside
    Mario Kart 8 Folder > .app folders inside

etc..

What I was saying before was make sure it's not a double folder like Mario Kart 8 (folder) > Mario Kart 8 (folder) > .app files, it should be just Mario Kart 8 (folder) > .app files. Do you see the difference? Some programs will give you a double folder. But you still need one folder inside the install folder per game. I'm not sure how to make it any clearer.

Last edited Nov 24, 2018
  8. jackboy
    OP

jackboy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    Chile
    Yes I understand what you are saying, but strangley I am unable to install multiple games as you stated. I used to be able to do this when preparing the SD from USB Helper. Now though, if there is more than one game in the install folder WUP will not install anything.

What i tried in desperation was to throw the files of one game in the root of the install folder. This allows me to install that game in WUP. I have now experimented and I can't even have one game in the install folder in its own folder.

Strange. Perhaps I need to transfer the files differently???

9. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    What do you mean by "I can't even have one game in the install folder in its own folder" What error are you getting or what makes you think this? Give details.

Also this may or may not fix your issue but make sure you're using WUPInstaller GX (Google it) it's just better.

Last edited Nov 24, 2018
  10. jackboy
    OP

jackboy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    Chile
    When I have a game say Just Dance 2014 in the install directory (install/Just Dance2014) Wup Installer Gx2 tries to install the game but immediately runs into an issue which says 'confirm complete WUP files are in the folder"

I am using WUPInstaller GX2 : should I use the older version?

11. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Are the .app files inside Just Dance2014 or is there another folder inside Just Dance2014? That's what I need to know.

Using an older version won't fix anything.

12. jackboy
    OP

jackboy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    Chile
    every single game is just 1 folder deep in file structure...

13. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Ok I'm sorry I don't know what your issue is then. Should work. Could be a problem with the download.

14. jackboy
    OP

jackboy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    Chile
    Well I had this before when trying to manually transfer files to the sd card using windows explorer. Using USB Helper solved this issue.

I have a sort of work around. I just need to install one thing at a time. Turn it off then change the game on the SD card. A lot of fudging about but once it is done it is done :)

Thanks for your help

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted