Hacking Transferring CFW stuff on a PSP 1000 memory card to a new, bigger memory card

treeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WIll someone please explain the process to go through when replacing the memory card on a PSP 1000 with CFW 6.60 (I think) with a bigger memory card?

Do I just need to copy all of the files from the old card onto my computer, format the new card and then format the new card again in the PSP, and then just copy the files from my old card on my computer onto the new card?

Then I can load on ISOs and stuff, and it works?

thanks!

treeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALso one more question - if I'm deleting ISOs and eboots to make room for others on the memory card, I should only delete them via the PSP home menu right? (and not by plugging in the PSP to my computer and deleting stuff from the PSP memory card)?

I found that when I delete stuff on my current memory card by plugging it into the computer, the game disappears, but the memory on the card used by the game doesn't clear up. I.e. I have a 1gb game on a 2gb card, with no space remaining - I deleted the 1gb game and the card still shows no space remaining.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
WIll someone please explain the process to go through when replacing the memory card on a PSP 1000 with CFW 6.60 (I think) with a bigger memory card?

Do I just need to copy all of the files from the old card onto my computer, format the new card and then format the new card again in the PSP, and then just copy the files from my old card on my computer onto the new card?

Then I can load on ISOs and stuff, and it works?

thanks!

ALso one more question - if I'm deleting ISOs and eboots to make room for others on the memory card, I should only delete them via the PSP home menu right? (and not by plugging in the PSP to my computer and deleting stuff from the PSP memory card)?

I found that when I delete stuff on my current memory card by plugging it into the computer, the game disappears, but the memory on the card used by the game doesn't clear up. I.e. I have a 1gb game on a 2gb card, with no space remaining - I deleted the 1gb game and the card still shows no space remaining.

Just copying everything to the computer, then to the new memory stick will do the trick.
Format the new memory in the psp beforehand.
It'll work just like your old one.

The method to delete your games is irrelevant, you can delete them from both the psp's XMB or the computer/iso folder. The only advantage is with psx-eboots that only have their ID in the folder, either look the ID in the internet, or delete them from the PSP.
You can also keep using the old memory, just howswap them (be sure not to be inside the games folder while doing it) Just keep in mind that this will wear out the memory sticks and the plastic may break after some years of use and taking in/out.

That thing about the memory not clearing itself should not happen at all. I'm not sure what may be causing it besides being a faulty memory. What brand is it? (if it's a 2gb you won't find much use for it other than gba titles or snes/nes maybe)

Last edited by Alex658,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.