Transferring a save from flash cart to DS cart?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rummy, Sep 2, 2009.

Sep 2, 2009
  1. Rummy
    OP

Newcomer Rummy Member

United States
    Well, I guess the title says it all, I had a look around but couldn't find too much concrete to help me so I thought I'd ask you guys cos you seem to know your stuff. Basically, I'm wondering if there'd be a way for me to transfer a save that I get from a ROM on my flash cart(which is a slot-2 device, M3 SD Perfect) to the corresponding DS cart?? Being able to transfer from it would be nice too, but I'm more looking to just get the save onto it really. Whilst I do have a slot-2 device, I should hopefully be able to get access to a slot-1 device(think it will be an R4 or M3 Real, but not 100% sure yet) if it's the only way/epicly easier? Cheers for any help you guys can provide!

EDIT: I was just thinking, I'm not 100% sure the regions of the two match, if they didn't would that affect anything much?

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
  3. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Use GBAexploder and a slot 2 cart. Go to save restore, find your save, select it, take your flashcart out, put the retail game in, press A. Done [​IMG]

4. DeltaBurnt

United States
    The guide I posted doesn't require using a slot 2 cart [​IMG]

5. Rummy
    OP

Newcomer Rummy Member

United States
    Ahh, but my cart is a slot-2 cart, I'm not 100% I can borrow the slot-1 carts yet. I'll have a read over a mosy through things though, cheers for the links. My main aim is to be able to move a save from the M3 SD Perfect onto a corresponding cart, really, everything else is just a nice extra.

6. DeltaBurnt

United States
    You might want to use shunyweb to convert the save to raw format (the tool might automatically convert it to raw).