Hacking Transferring 4.6G isos from one comp to the other

finkel98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a pc laptop that i use to dowload the ISO and then need to transfer the ISO to my mac to burn it (don't want to download from my mac).

Transferring rar files from one computer to the other works fine most of the time.. But sometimes i get an error message when i try to transfer an ISO that is bigger than 4.2G (happened w/ Nights and Lego Star Wars) - and yes they are rar-ed.

Any idea on how to transfer these bigger files from one computer to the other - BTW my PC's burner does not work (it would have been too easy
smile.gif
)

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finkel98 said:
i have a pc laptop that i use to dowload the ISO and then need to transfer the ISO to my mac to burn it (don't want to download from my mac).

Transferring rar files from one computer to the other works fine most of the time.. But sometimes i get an error message when i try to transfer an ISO that is bigger than 4.2G (happened w/ Nights and Lego Star Wars) - and yes they are rar-ed.

Any idea on how to transfer these bigger files from one computer to the other - BTW my PC's burner does not work (it would have been too easy
smile.gif
)
what format is your Mac's hard drive?

finkel98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a partition - so i transfer from my pc to the FAT/windows-formatted partition on my mac..

Most of the rar-ed ISO i transfer are fine - but for some ISOs, they seem to be too big - the error message was something like the NTFSC (?) system can handle transfer files of up to 4.2G

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finkel98 said:
i have a partition - so i transfer from my pc to the FAT/windows-formatted partition on my mac..

Most of the rar-ed ISO i transfer are fine - but for some ISOs, they seem to be too big - the error message was something like the NTFSC (?) system can handle transfer files of up to 4.2G
ok you need to convert your PC's(windows) hard drive to ntsc... fat or fat32 won't allow transferring of files larger than 4.2gb

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
FAT can't handle files that size simple as that.

You will need to format the drive, I have NTFS on most of my windows drives as this handles big files easily.

It's not the mac, it's the windows FAT partition.

Volume and file limits in Mac OS X
Maximum number of volumes (all Mac OS X versions) no limit
Maximum number of files (or files and folders) in a folder (all Mac OS X versions) up to 2.1 billion (2)
Maximum volume size and file size (Mac OS X 10.0 - 10.1.5) 2 TB (1)
Maximum volume size and file size (Mac OS X 10.2 - 10.2.8) 8 TB (1)
Maximum volume size and file size (Mac OS X 10.3 - 10.3.9) 16 TB (1)
Maximum volume size and file size (Mac OS X 10.4 or later) close to 8 EB (1,3)

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Yes, use NTFS - OSX can read (but not natively write) to NTFS partitions so that won't be a problem.

Or an even easier way would be to setup a samba share on the PC and then just extract over the network to your Mac HFS+ drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1