Homebrew Transfering SNES VC Games on 3ds to CIA -> SCF

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy F-Zero on the 3ds on the eShop to play the game and also install rom hacks on it via patching from PC

I could just as easily download said game and do it that way. But I need to change my habits of software downloading at some point.

Is there anyway to change a 3ds .cia virtual console title to a .scf file, so I can patch the file and then make it .cia again using ultimate SNES injector?
Edit: I also meant SFC* SCF is not a file format for SNES Games.

Last edited by petethepug,

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’d like to directly patch the file so I can use multiple CIA files on my 3ds for different rom hacks, I don’t want to swap patches on my SD Card since you can only use one at a time.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp. Looks like I need to find something like a Retrode* then or some type of SNES Dumper,
I know this literally makes no sense after realizing it, but I found this thread and tried changing a .cia file to .scf, turns out its not possible. And I kind of knew that after making this ._. https://gbatemp.net/threads/dumping-vc-games-roms.487601/

I'm trying to avoid downloading much as possible and just stick with backups now for personal use.

Last edited by petethepug,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too