transfering saves from edge ds to dstt

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by hpspectre, May 21, 2008.

May 21, 2008
  1. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    hi, i just got an edge ds and ive been playing it for a while. but now im getting a new ds lite and a dstt for my girlfriend. im not sure which one im going to use personally but i know i want my saves on both. my question is can i copy paste my save files from my edge ds micro sd card to my dstt micro sd card and have the saves actuly work as if ive played those games on the dstt all along? if not is there some alternate other than starting over? thanks.

2. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
  3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I believe the Edge and DSTT use the same .sav file format. You may have to rename it if the Edge uses a different naming convention for the save file. On the DSTT, if the .nds file is "filename.nds" the save file will be "filename.sav". If it's different on the Edge, you'll need to rename accordingly.

-Bri

4. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    thanks NARIN for the link. it sais when i go to the site "convert from edge/m3/toy top" ect to target format (.sav) so im assuming there the same kind. but once i get my dstt and it doesnt work, ill go to that site, i have it bookmarked. thank you.

5. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    nope the edge does it filename.sav just like the dstt i guest [​IMG] thanks guys

6. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Most flashcards do that, but some flashcards save the save files in a different format that won't work on other flashcards without being converted.