Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can I just FTP them from my PC to the PS3, or will I have to place them in an external HDD? If I can just FTP them, what would be the best app available for that job?

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, you can. Use either FileZilla or FlashFXP
smile.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, sorry. I wasn't aware of that page, but thanks nonetheless
smile.gif
. I guess I'll try it out later then.

EDIT: Another question I forgot to ask. Can I hook up my PS3 to my PC using an ethernet cable and FTP them that way, or will I have to do it wirelessly through my router? My router needs to be downstairs so I cannot connect to it via cable.

EDIT 2: Hm, I keep getting "Connection timed out" when I tried to transfer files. Am I doing something wrong?

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
ChaosBoi said:
...Can I hook up my PS3 to my PC using an ethernet cable and FTP them that way...

Yes, you can. But you don't have to.

QUOTE(ChaosBoi @ Jan 11 2011, 11:37 AM) EDIT 2: Hm, I keep getting "Connection timed out" when I tried to transfer files. Am I doing something wrong?

I got the same error when using FileZilla. Try FlashFXP and see if it works. I know FlashFXP isn't free but...
rolleyes.gif

Also, make sure the IP address is correct and the port is 21.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried to connect them with the ethernet cable earlier but couldn't figure out how to get them to work that way :\ . If you know how to do it that way then please tell me how, as I prefer to transfer things through cable since it's always been the fastest method as well as the most stable for me. Anyway, I should probably try using FlashFXP. I finally got FileZilla to work but it really pissed me off yesterday after failing to transfer a 22 GB file when there was only 10-30 minutes left
angry.gif

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
ChaosBoi said:
I tried to connect them with the ethernet cable earlier but couldn't figure out how to get them to work that way :\ . If you know how to do it that way then please tell me how, as I prefer to transfer things through cable since it's always been the fastest method as well as the most stable for me. Anyway, I should probably try using FlashFXP. I finally got FileZilla to work but it really pissed me off yesterday after failing to transfer a 22 GB file when there was only 10-30 minutes left
angry.gif

http://psgroove.com/showthread.php?579-PS3...Fast-and-Secure

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What if succubus were real? :ninja: