Transfering no$gba save file to EZV

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by kevo_the_man, Dec 9, 2007.

Dec 9, 2007
  1. kevo_the_man
    OP

Member kevo_the_man GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hello everybody.

I'm getting really frustrated right now trying to make this work.. I had the hacked yugioh save from the other thread on my DS and it was working fine, but then I decided that I should make my own save with everything unlocked, and with my own name.. So I threw the rom into no$gba and unlocked everything via action replay codes. After that I noticed the small file size of the .sav, so I found out I had to go into the .ini and turn saves to uncompressed.. got that done.. now no matter what I do I can't get the save to work with my EZV.. is there a converter that will work properly with this?

The sooner I can get this fixed the better, because it's really annoying playing top tier decks against level 1 CPUs.. =/

Thanks in advance,
    Kevo

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If you look at the uncompressed save file in a hex editor you'll find that there's still some garbage data at the beginning of the file.

I've heard that in addition to "compressed" and "uncompressed" you can also set it to "raw" which, after being converted with the Shunyweb save converter, will work on nearly all homebrew devices. I haven't tested this personally however.

3. kazumi213

Member kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Yes, using "Raw" instead of "Uncompressed" will create 512 kbytes saves, which can be directly used on R4, DS-X (FW 1.1.2+) or converted from R4 to the desired format using Shuny's.