Hacking transfering games from PC to HDD

andysmok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have transfered a few games without any problems from my PC to my PS3 via a 260gB HDD in a caddy, I have recently tried to transfer God of War and also Gran Turismo 5 but each time my PC tells me its unable to transfer due to a file being to large. I have plenty of space on my drive so I was wondering if this is due to the way I have formated my HDD e.g maybe the cluster size or something?

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
your external hd is FAT32 , that support only single file of 4gb,
some games probably as god of war and gran turismo have some file bigger than 4gb so can only copy on NFTS partition
you need to use some tool to split file

GNkyrios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
so thats the only drawback? so if u just split it and decompress it, it will still work?

I wonder if they are going to use some program like Wii backup manager that uses WBFS format, and it split automatically on 4gb limit.

So i suppose people dont copy games in a NTFS hdd and then plug it as internal drive on the ps3 because u would have to open it everytime right?

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
zhuzhuchina said:
your external hd is FAT32 , that support only single file of 4gb,
some games probably as god of war and gran turismo have some file bigger than 4gb so can only copy on NFTS partition
you need to use some tool to split file
God of War 3 works fine from external HDD by unpacking .psarc file in USRDIR using PSARC. (This method also works on Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Front Mission Evolved and maybe more).

GT5 doesn't work at all. It requires FW 3.50.

PSARC

EDIT: GT5, NFS:HP, Sly Collection, and maybe more confirmed working by replacing the EBOOT.BIN!! (I can't link to the source, sorry)

kosjka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got some questions as well in this area and I don't feel like posting another thread for something so small.

I've heard there's a difference in loading times and such between HDD loading and Blu-Ray disc loading. Do anyone know if there's a difference in loading times between the internal harddrive and an external usb harddrive since i'm trying to figure out whether I should get a USB HDD that I would be able to use for other purposes as well or a 2.5" internal drive that would only be useful in my PS3. Another thing that works in favour of the USB solution is that I otherwise would have to use FTP to transfer games but if the loading times are horrible with a USB HDD that would crush that idea.

tl;dr: should I get a USB HDD or is there a great difference in loading times between the external and the internal drive?

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1.Well the isn t any difference between the loading times it s like when you boot a disc
2.You should get a 2.5 USB because you need to have space in the internal drive to for games that works only in the internal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night