Transfering Games Drive to Drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by AV Utlima, Jun 28, 2010.

1. AV Utlima
    OP

AV Utlima Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2010
    United States
    I have recently bought a new external HD with more space and I want to transfer my back-ups to the new HD but no matter what I do, they somehow get corrupted along the way. I have used WBFS Manager and WBFS Intelligent and both have failed. I also tried first extracting it to my PC, then to my new drive but it still doesn't work.

I noticed that after adding them to the new drive it always reads .02GB higher than normal or no size at all. Am I missing a step here? Many thanks to anyone who can help.

2. OncleJulien

OncleJulien tool of peers

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    Los Angeles
    what format are these drives? i recently moved from a 500gb wbfs to a 2tb fat32, and wii backup manager did all the heavy lifting for me - no runs, drips or errors.

3. AV Utlima
    OP

AV Utlima Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2010
    United States
    They are RAW as far as I know. I formated the drive through WBFS Manager so I guess it's a WBFS format. I use USBLoaderGX and, as far as I know, it can only load WBFS partitions.

In the mean time, i'll try out the Wii Backup Manager you mentioned.

EDIT: I tried Wii Backup Manager and it ended the same. The file went into the new drive with a larger size than normal. I'm just assuming that means it's corrupted, right? Or is that what it's supposed to do?

4. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    USBloaderGX runs FAT32 or NTFS as well.
    Are you moving *to* a WBFS drive? If not you could be just extracting the files as .wbfs and dropping them onto the ntfs/fat drive. might be worth changing formats while you have the chance too, WBFS is kinda outdated and inconvenient.