Transfering emyNAND to a new sd-card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kolyasisan, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Kolyasisan
    OP

Kolyasisan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    Russia
    Moscow
    I ran out of memory and I want a new sd card. The problem is that I don't know how to copy emuNAND. Is that even possible?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
  3. Kolyasisan
    OP

Kolyasisan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    Russia
    Moscow
    Wow! It took a tiny amount of time to get the answer. Thank you a lot!

4. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Or you can just clone the SD card and stick the new one in the 3DS after.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah but that would also require resizing the partition afterwards...plus that isnt an option if someone ever wants to downsize their SD card for any reason.....imho the emunand tool is a much better option as you dont have to wait for the entire card to be dumped, and could also be tricky if your limited on space on your computer...plus you get to keep a 1GB nand dump(compresses to about 200-300MB) for future use if your emunand ever messes up, i was glad to have a 7.1 backup recently as my 7.2 emunand stopped working properly for some reason

6. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    There's a ton of programs that do it easily, I'm not talking about dumping the whole image of the first SD card and writing it to the second one with win32diskimager or whatever. Plus you can clone to a smaller drive.

Last time I switched my laptop hdd to a ssd, I used EaseUS cloning software (don't remember the exact name)

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah but if your going down the rout of downloading and installing programs, you might as well just use emunandtool, its what it was designed for, plus it let you save a copy of the actual nand so that you could switch between emunand versions if you ever wanted to, or if you accidentally update to 8.x you can just downgrade emunand back to 7.x rather than having to format the SD again and revert back to 4.x

anyways each to their own, there is a few different ways to do it, but i do believe emunand tool is the most simple and straight forward