Transfer WBFS games from Wii to PC over network?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by CapitalQ, Sep 15, 2009.

Sep 15, 2009
  1. CapitalQ
    OP

Newcomer CapitalQ Member

United States
    I corrupted my 400GB WBFS partition under Windows by resizing it to make room for a FAT32 partition. The WBFS partition still works perfectly on the Wii via USB Loader CFG, but WBFS Manager and other Windows programs can't access the partition. I realize to make the partition functional again under Windows, I need to wipe it clean and start again, but I'll lose about 200GB of games that I don't have backed up elsewhere. The only way I can see these games being preserved is if I could transfer them to my PC from the Wii via a network connection, as the Wii is the only thing I have able to read the drive's contents. Any suggestions?

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I suggest you try to mark the boogered partition as active and give it a drive letter with windows. If this doesn't fix it, you might as well delete that shit and start over. We did some testing and sending game over WiFi took about 6hrs.

There is, however the extraction function in libwbfs. If you know a little coding, you could modify any of the loaders that write to FAT on the USB/SD to try out this function. Then use the modified loader to copy the games to whatever FAT partition you have that your wii will read.

3. CapitalQ
    OP

Newcomer CapitalQ Member

United States
    I've marked it as active, assigned it a letter and tried tweaking it in various other ways using Paragon Partition Manager to no avail. I don't know nearly enough coding to be able to do that, but I do appreciate your help! I suppose I'll format the drive soon and start fresh. Poor, poor wasted bandwidth.