Hacking Transfer save from mupen64 to Wii U VC? (Paper Mario)

akatoosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Ive looked around but I haven't really figured this out yet. I am trying to transfer a save file from mupen64plus on PC to the Wii U Virtual Console in Paper Mario. It seems that using SaveMii and replacing the .fla save from the VC with the one from mupen64 is not enough. Is there something else I need to do, or is this just not possible? Thanks for any help.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you remember deleting the savestate file from the save folder so it doesn't resume the last played session with the old save?

akatoosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you remember deleting the savestate file from the save folder so it doesn't resume the last played session with the old save?

Yes I did. I've actually figured this out- I byte swapped the .fla from mupen64plus and renamed/replaced the file from the wii u vc with it, then i duplicated it and also replaced the .sav file with it since they were both nearly identical, leaving the .keys file where it was, and it worked like a charm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended