Transfer save file from 9.9 O3DS to 9.0 N3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mr. Prince, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Mr. Prince
    OP

Mr. Prince GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    I downloaded Smash bros and MH4U from eShop on my 9.9 O3DS and I want to use them with their cia on my 9.0 N3DS. Is there any way?

2. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    Sorry for the double post.

Will the saves made on my 9.9 O3DS work on my 9.0 N3DS after unlinking my NNID with my O3DS and linking it with my N3DS?

Here's what I think:

1- Backup eshop game's save data using the 3DS's "Save-Data Backup feature".
    1- Backup O3DS SD content to computer.
    2- Unlink NNID with O3DS.
    3- Link NNID with N3DS.
    4- Download previously owned games from eshop on my 9.0 N3DS using multi free patcher.
    5- Copy the save data backups made in step 1 to my N3DS's SD.

Will this work?

3. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Heard that Smealum is working on some kind of gamesave homebrew, which works on Ninjhax 2.0. So there may be some hope in the future.

4. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    Oh really? I can wait.

5. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    You can't unlink and re-link on a new system. You have to do a system transfer. This is possible though through a system transfer on a non-updated firmware. You can follow my guide, or RonHero's guide for transfering from sysNAND to sysNAND or sysNAND to emuNAND if you want to do that:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-sy...s-via-ntr-firmware-spoof.393161/#post-5581628
    http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...m-Transfer-Old-3ds-to-New-3ds-Gateway-Emunand

6. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    I'm SOL, then. MY O3DS is on 9.9 . I emailed Nintendo to do a remote system transfer but will that transfer the save files?

7. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    No, it will only transfer the NNID. You can still do this. Your O3DS is 9.9 which means it CAN system transfer. Your N3DS will need to spoof via the guides I gave you. Firmware spoof makes your system register to Ninty servers that it's on the latest (9.9) when it really stays on the current version.

8. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    Oh. Now I understand. Will try now. I already have NTR 3.0 installed.

9. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Good luck! It worked like a charm for me. I'd recommend backing up as much as possible beforehand though, just in case your save's don't transfer for some reason, you'll still be able to get them through the backups. But all should be fine, my CIA backups transferred without issue.

10. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    I already backed up my O3DS save files using the Save-data backup feature in the 3DS and I put them somewhere safe on my computer.

A question regarding the guide: It says to restore to previous NAND.bin, but will that remove emunand?

11. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    That's only for the system your transferring from. If your transferring to your N3DS you will be over-writing everything that's on it. Since your O3DS is on current version and legit, you can skip that step. It's only to ensure you don't have any illegitimate CIA's installed to sysNAND which can cause issues.

12. rfg

rfg Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    Canada
    I have an Old 3ds with sysnand firmware 9.9 and a New 3ds with emunand 9.5 and I'd like to do a system transfer. I read it was not possible but maybe it changed?

13. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    It's now possible with my guide or RonHero's guide. I did it from my O3DS 9.2 to N3DS 9.0. You can do sysNAND to sysNAND, emuNAND to sysNAND, sysNAND to emuNAND or emuNAND to emuNAND. All works with firmware spoof via NTR or MultiPatcher.

14. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
  15. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    O3DS doesn't need anything done to it..... Already on latest version. N3DS he will launch NTR (for sysNAND) or MultiPatcher (emuNAND) and it will work fine.

Edit: Hmm, I'm not sure how that will work with the encryption actually. It might not work, forgot about that little caveat. Since O3DS doesn't have the new 9.6 encryption, it might still be okay.

Last edited by Maximilious, Jul 29, 2015
  16. Mr. Prince
    OP

Oct 29, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    All Blue
    I have to format my N3DS since I linked it to another NNID. I tried Multipatcher before and that didn't work, but will the NTR method work?

17. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    MultiPatcher will only work in emuNAND for an emuNAND transfer. NTR is needed for a sysNAND transfer, but you can do either method. I would beware of the following as VerseHell mentioned and I forgot about:

Source : 3.0 <---> Target : 3.0
    Source : 4.0-4.5 <---> Target : 4.0-4.5
    Source : 5.0-6.3 <---> Target : 5.0-6.3
    Source : 7.0-8.1 <---> Target : 7.0-8.1
    Source : 9.0-9.5 <---> Target : 9.0-9.5
    Source : 9.6-9.7 <---> Target : 9.6-9.7

18. rfg

rfg Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    Canada
    So it means I can't do it right?

19. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Well, I'm not sure really. If you're going O3DS to N3DS, the 9.6 barrier might not matter since encryption doesn't exist on the O3DS. I think its worth a shot, but I would read through the comments or ask on the NTR thread as the guys watching that thread might offer more guidance.

20. rfg

rfg Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks!