Hacking transfer save data from gateway installed 3ds to legit 3ds.

rebirthz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hi guys,

I have stupid question here, tried to search someone asked for but found nothing, so please help if you know.

I play puzzle and dragon X with 3ds. it's updated to latest version with online support like a legit one, DLC works fine.

I love this game so much then i plan to play it on my legit pure 3ds, i've gone to far for this game and don't want to start it all over again.

could you guys please help me finding this solution please.

ps. I play it on hacked 3ds, US emunand even though it's JP game.

my legit one is JP

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Use JKSM. Follow this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ except instead of importing the save to the installed game, import it to your cartridge. If there's extdata or if the save is on the SD card not the cartridge you might have to get homebrew working on the legit console to be able to import the save there.

Reactions: rebirthz

rebirthz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Use JKSM. Follow this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ except instead of importing the save to the installed game, import it to your cartridge. If there's extdata or if the save is on the SD card not the cartridge you might have to get homebrew working on the legit console to be able to import the save there.

Hi dude, thank you so much, after i tried to understand, since it's too much confused for me because it's for gateway to cia.

i have no idea how to import the converted save file into the legit 3ds one,

not sure if the process above is to convert the one from gateway, get an another file on PC and just drag it into the SD card for legit one?

if it's not too much, please kindly explain to me, i'm the stupid one for this.

Thank you so much dude.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
is your legit game in digital or cartridge? does the game saves on cartridge or on 3ds?

if your legit game is digital, or if the game saves on 3ds, do you have any way to run homebrew on your legit 3ds?

Boomerams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the CTR Broken problem and was able to get it working by using 0004000002C2330 for the save file name. Just a heads up for anyone else having an issue and wants to see if it works for them as well. I have also had 100% success rate for converting saves if anyone wants me to give it a shot for them not making any promises but I have not had a single problem converting my dragon quest, pokemon, mario and other games as of yet.

Last edited by Boomerams,

rebirthz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
is your legit game in digital or cartridge? does the game saves on cartridge or on 3ds?

if your legit game is digital, or if the game saves on 3ds, do you have any way to run homebrew on your legit 3ds?

Hi man, i've planned to get a cartridge and i believe that it's saved on cartridge as well.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi man, i've planned to get a cartridge and i believe that it's saved on cartridge as well.
all the link to 3dsdb site and needed tools are on the guide link posted by quantumcat above. i just tried to simplify the steps to suit your situation.
1. Look up 3dsdb to for the game's title ID
2. connect your 3ds (m)sd card to your pc, locate the .sav file with that title ID, make a backup copy, then rename the original .sav file to 0004000002C23200.sav or 0004000002C2330.sav as suggested by boomerams above if when exporting using JKSM you get error (you can use CTRX app on the 3ds for renaming .sav file if you don't want to bother with PC)
3. install JKSM, load the game on your gw cart, don't start the game.
4. run JKSM, choose Cartridge, then choose Export save. name it whatever.
5. exit JKSM, remove gw cart, insert the legit game cart, play it if you haven't for the sake of creating/initializing a new save file on it.
6. exit the game, run JKSM, choose Cartridge, this time choose Import.
good luck.

Last edited by honyo29,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?