Hacking Transfer PS1 save file from PSP eboot to PS1 memory card?

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google turns up nothing on how to convert PSP saves to .MCR. I want to get a PC memory card adapter and move my save over to there so I can play it on my sensor-modded PS2. Why? Even on the recommended POPS I'm getting glitches which is causing a stuttering noise in a really important cut scene (FFVII with the Beacause retranslation mod).

Last edited by CaseyDog,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps one saves are in raw format (with no extension), but they're easy to convert to other formats. you may have to back pedal it. I've gone from the ps2 (ps1 and 2 saves) but not back. you should be able to extract the save data manually. each save block is 8KBs. and, in hex, ps1 saves start with SC in the text field.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I barely understand what you're saying. Backpedal? Extract from the memory card? I want to turn VMP files into something a PS1 memory card can use, why do I need to convert the PS1 save files to something else? Will I be changing them back?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playstation 1 saves are not in mcr format. they have no extension. just extract it from the mcr file. here's what one of mine looks like. I can't recall exactly, but mcr may only add a header to the file, so the entire save may be from SC all the way down to the end of the file:

upload_2019-6-21_1-37-16.png

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see what you mean now. I couldn't get that program to work though, instead of turning my VMP file into an MCR the extension was just "0".

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured it out, the MCR needed a specific name. Now how do I extract the save? I found it but I don't know how to use hex.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use HxD and copy and paste. it should be 8,192 bytes/block, but I suspect it will be from the SC part all the way down to the end of the file.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. you might have to create a new save on the ps1 to see what it's named. the file name itself doesn't appear to be in the save.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, thanks for all that. Thankfully we have a memory card PC adapter around here somewhere so I should be good to go soon. Hopefully this thread will appear on Google so there's SOMETHING about this in search results.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can use ulaunch.elf, you can put the saves on a flash drive and transfer them over that way. that's how I backed up all ps1 and ps2 saves on my system.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, there's something else. How do I browse the PS3 memory card adapter on PC? The only video I can find on that has a defunct link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night