Gaming Transfer Pokemon from Gen 1 VC to Gen 6?

tekwarfare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a free way to transfer the Pokemon caught in Virtual Console versions of Red, Blue, and Yellow to Pokemon ORAS? I know they're bringing out support from Gen 1 to Gen 7 with Sun & Moon, but it requires the bank.

Thanks in advance

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I know you can bring them up from a sav file on your pc to gen 6 if you have the right tools and hardware. So, hypothetically if you were to extract your vc save and get it to the right format you should be able to do it that way. See below:
First of all how to extract the save
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/s...s-from-R-B-Y-virtual-console-(using-homebrew)

...annnnddd you can find a tutorial on how to move everything up here:

Please note that you're going to need a 3ds that's able to run homebrew, as well as multiple different flash carts and most likely a legit copy of at least one game from each generation that you want to move up through.

Hope this helps :)
~link491

Last edited by link491, , Reason: cleaning up my terrible grammar

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the delay of the Pokemon Bank update means we'll see Gold, Silver, and Crystal on the 3DS Virtual Console before the end of this year or the beginning of next year.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Note: I did this with physical gen 4 to installed 6, so it may not work.
  1. Extract save files from both the VC and ORAS, jksm should work
  2. Place the save files on your pc
  3. Get PKhex and move the pokes from gen 1 to 6
I can't be arsed to find the specifics again of how I did this, but with some thinkering and googling I'm sure you'll manage. Bonus points for PKhex as the pokes are seen as legit (which they were in my case)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended