Transfer Pokemon from Gen 1 VC to Gen 6?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by tekwarfare, Oct 4, 2016.

1. tekwarfare
    OP

tekwarfare GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2015
    Is there a free way to transfer the Pokemon caught in Virtual Console versions of Red, Blue, and Yellow to Pokemon ORAS? I know they're bringing out support from Gen 1 to Gen 7 with Sun & Moon, but it requires the bank.

Thanks in advance

2. PrometheusG.

PrometheusG. GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2016
    Greece
    No, you wait

3. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Even with the transfer from 1 to 7 they have never allowed to go backwards in generations. Gen 2 to 1 is the exception.

4. link491

link491 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    As far as I know you can bring them up from a sav file on your pc to gen 6 if you have the right tools and hardware. So, hypothetically if you were to extract your vc save and get it to the right format you should be able to do it that way. See below:
    Here
    Please note that you're going to need a 3ds that's able to run homebrew, as well as multiple different flash carts and most likely a legit copy of at least one game from each generation that you want to move up through.

Hope this helps :)
    ~link491

Last edited by link491, Oct 4, 2016 - Reason: cleaning up my terrible grammar
  5. 03bgood

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    I hope the delay of the Pokemon Bank update means we'll see Gold, Silver, and Crystal on the 3DS Virtual Console before the end of this year or the beginning of next year.

6. ecko

ecko GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    Afghanistan
    Note: I did this with physical gen 4 to installed 6, so it may not work.
    1. Extract save files from both the VC and ORAS, jksm should work
    2. Place the save files on your pc
    3. Get PKhex and move the pokes from gen 1 to 6
    I can't be arsed to find the specifics again of how I did this, but with some thinkering and googling I'm sure you'll manage. Bonus points for PKhex as the pokes are seen as legit (which they were in my case)