Gaming Transfer of save files, possible?

Scones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using any means necessary is it possible to transfer a save file from a cyclo ds to an actual retail cart? I'm taking a trip to Japan soon and would really like to take my DS with me, problem is the legality of owning a flashcart is now questionable there and I would like to avoid any unnecessary difficulties.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know of any methods at this moment, but I'm thinking it may be possible soon. I was reading this post on the cheats site, which I'll quote here because it requires a soul sucking registration just to read their stupid news:

QUOTE said:
And my have things changed in the cheat device! There are two versions now:

1) Standard - This version that is pretty much the same as Code Breaker was for Nintendo DS. Offers cheats for a ton of pre-installed games, as well as ability to edit and add new cheats and upgrade via WiFi.

2) Xtra - This version is the bread and butter of the new cheat world on the Nintendo DS. It comes with an micrSD slot on top of the device for all kinds of media management. It has a Save Manager to copy gamesaves from your Nintendo DS or GBA cartridges to the product's internal memory so you can restore it at a later time if you want. (This feature has applicable cheat finding uses available to find those pesky items that unlock as you play/unlock them.) It also has a Media manager to play music, homebrew games and even movies when properly converted.

With all the new features of the Xtra, I can say I'm happy to support this upcoming product. It may not have any retail outlets to support it yet, but we are working on it. It will be for sale on this site and it's official webpage currently points to us atm --> CodeTwink.com It will get it's own homepage in the coming weeks. I have about 10 prototypes of each unit currently here with me. 4 of each unit are fully boxed and ready for sale. The standard version will retail for $19.99 and the Xtra for $24.99 if memory serves me. With prices like these, how can you go wrong!

The non-boxed versions I have here are up for grabs for Moderators & Admins on a first come, first serve basis. I have 6 standard units for those who do not own a microSD card, and 6 xtra units for those who do. So yeah, you read it mods & admins, PM me for your slot and specify the type you want, I have a feeling the xtras will go fast and the stragglers will be getting the standard units

As far as the boxes versions. I have 4 standard and 4 xtra's. If you're not an admin or mod but want to be one of the first in the world to receive these units, send me a PM. $19.99 + $5.00 shipping for the standard and $24.99 + $5.00 shipping for the xtra unit. Payments will be accepted via Paypal and I'll send you the paypal address via PM after receiving your message.

The way I'm interpreting this--and I could be wrong--is that it will be a new codebreaker type device with some added functionality to store backup saves using the original carts. By switching the MicroSD cards, It's feasible you could convert+transfer your flash cart save to launch with a commercial game.

Sorry that does nothing to help you now, but in the near future it might. The problem as I perceive it is there's no way for a commercial game to communicate with a PC, save for specialized equipment to retrieve a rom dump. Trying to write to the card is something else entirely.

Anyway I wouldn't worry about it, I doubt that Nintendo has the armed soldiers at airports checking every DS for an R4 or whatever. And even if that were true (it's not), what's the worst that they could do? Take it away?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's possible, i even did it on my m3real(but works on any dldi-capable slot-1 card)
but you need either an unstable wifi transfer tool(not sure if it works though) or an EZ-flash 3 in 1 and the 3 in 1 backup tool.

EDIT:just to give a basic idea how the 3 in 1 backup tool works:
first you boot it from your flashcart, it then completely loads itself in the ram of your DS, and it loads the .sav(after you select it) onto the NOR memory of your 3 in 1.
you then replace the flashcart with an original cart, and the tool finished the job by copying the save.

but you do have to convert the save to the right size RAW save first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte