Homebrew Transfer my saves from my friends Wii U to my new one?

Xandolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the new zelda on my friends (non-modded) Wii U and got instantly hooked so I went out and bought one and of course installed homebrew. I got Nintendo to switch over my ID, but I am having trouble finding a way to get my saves from a USB to my Wii U because of the ridiculous format only being able to connect to one Wii U. If anyone could help me possibly get the data from the USB to my computer maybe I could use savemii to load my game? Any input is appreciated!! Thanks :)

Last edited by Xandolf,

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the new zelda on my friends (non-modded) Wii U and got instantly hooked so I went out and bought one and of course installed homebrew. I got Nintendo to switch over my ID, but I am having trouble finding a way to get my saves from a USB to my Wii U because of the ridiculous format only being able to connect to one Wii U. If anyone could help me possibly get the data from the USB to my computer maybe I could use savemii to load my game? Any input is appreciated!! Thanks :)
Try saviine if you have a pc on hand

Reactions: raldagAman

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't that mean I have to mod my buddy's Wii and extract the saves from the USB plugged into it and then inject through my sd to mine?

yes, but there's a new save manager even better than saviine I believe that removes the pc component. either way, u need a way to extract the saves. saviine works fine, so u might try that first if u have a pc around. it's very easy to use. :)

Xandolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but there's a new save manager even better than saviine I believe that removes the pc component. either way, u need a way to extract the saves. saviine works fine, so u might try that first if u have a pc around. it's very easy to use. :)
I have a pc but my troubles are that I can't extract the data from the USB because of the format it's in and I would need to wait until the weekend for my friend to come over with his Wii U to try and use saviine /: I'm just desperately trying to play zelda without having to restart because I did soooo mucchhhh lol

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pc but my troubles are that I can't extract the data from the USB because of the format it's in and I would need to wait until the weekend for my friend to come over with his Wii U to try and use saviine /: I'm just desperately trying to play zelda without having to restart because I did soooo mucchhhh lol

saviine transfers the data wirelessly as u load the game. u just need to start a new game on zelda on ur machine to transfer over the old save.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Use SaveMii, much easier.
And no need to entierly hack your friends' Wii U. Just lauch the homebrew channel from loadiine.ovh, and then launch mocha, and then launch again the homebrew channel, and then SaveMii

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use SaveMii, much easier.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SaveMii post says it requires iosuhax / CFW. Wouldn't that be more involved than simply using saviine via the standard web exploit since it doesn't require CFW? I haven't tried SaveMii yet for that reason, but if it is as simple as saviine I'd give it a shot.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SaveMii post says it requires iosuhax / CFW. Wouldn't that be more involved than simply using saviine via the standard web exploit since it doesn't require CFW? I haven't tried SaveMii yet for that reason, but if it is as simple as saviine I'd give it a shot.
If you just launch mocha from the homebrew channel before it'll require no modding
And it's way easier than loadiine and doesn't require a pc, just an sd card

Xandolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just launch mocha from the homebrew channel before it'll require no modding
And it's way easier than loadiine and doesn't require a pc, just an sd card
I think I've figured out how to do it with savemii if I plug my sd into his Wii U and load homebrew and mocha like u said and then extract my game saves with it to my sd and then plug it back into mine and inject it. Luckily I work with him and I can ask him to bring his tomorrow and I can use my phones tethered internet to run the exploit and try this process. Thank you very much for everybody's help in figuring this out and I hope this could help other people with this problem. :)

Xandolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've figured out how to do it with savemii if I plug my sd into his Wii U and load homebrew and mocha like u said and then extract my game saves with it to my sd and then plug it back into mine and inject it. Luckily I work with him and I can ask him to bring his tomorrow and I can use my phones tethered internet to run the exploit and try this process. Thank you very much for everybody's help in figuring this out and I hope this could help other people with this problem. :)
*Update*
It did not work for zelda unfortunately because it could not find the common save I guess. I've read that that is a problem for some Wii U games and not others with savemii so hypothetically this should work for some other games if anyone else has my problem as well. I'm just gonna start over haha it shouldn't take to long now that I know what I'm doing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs