Hacking Transfer Golden Sun to Golden Sun 2

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just finished Golden Sub on the GBA. And I have the finished data saved. How do I get the password so I can transfer my data into Golden Sun 2? I heard there is some buttons u press while in the screen for orginal golden sun, then u get the password so u can continue ur save using golden sun 2

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did it with the real cart and it's not buttons, it's like 3 page of letters and numbers, I don't really remember, it's been a few years ago
and I'm not sure if it's the same for roms..

edit: nvm my answer I just re-read your question

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From GameFAQs:
QUOTE said:
Send option

After finishing the game once, at the title screen, hold the R button and Left on the D-pad, then press B. A new option will appear on the right called 'Send''. This allows you to transfer your clear data to a Golden Sun: The Lost Age cartridge by either a password, or by using a GBA link cable.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its a pain to have to copy the password down like that. I usually use the GS:TLA Password Generator and just copy in the exact gear that I have in the clear data.

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
I did the password transfer thing once, it's REALLLY annoying when you type the 3+ pages in and their is one character missing and you cant find it lol
ohnoes.png

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
I just finished Golden Sub on the GBA. And I have the finished data saved. How do I get the password so I can transfer my data into Golden Sun 2? I heard there is some buttons u press while in the screen for orginal golden sun, then u get the password so u can continue ur save using golden sun 2
Just use an emulator so that you don't have to copy down a huge code. I think vbalink can emulate it so that it thinks you are transferring using a link cable. Then copy that golden sun 2 data to your flashcard.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually held L+R+(left arrow) and B and then I got the option to choose Bronze, Silver, or Gold.

So I choose Gold and I got like 6+ pages of letters, chatacters, and symbols. Took me about 15min to type it in manually, but it worked and it was worth it
happy.gif

yay

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
I actually held L+R+(left arrow) and B and then I got the option to choose Bronze, Silver, or Gold.

So I choose Gold and I got like 6+ pages of letters, chatacters, and symbols. Took me about 15min to type it in manually, but it worked and it was worth it
happy.gif

yay
Yeah, the Bronze and Silver passwords are shorter, but they don't transfer as much.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do what I did. Get that GBA save backupper for the DS.
Put it on your supercard, (it's homebrew btw), and back it up to your PC.
Then download that Visualboyadvance that's able to link.
And just do the link transfer between the roms, and put the Golden Sun 2 save on the GBA cart (with the same homebrew), and voila.
Saves a lot of button pressing, seriously, you don't want to enter a code that big.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.