Transfer gba rom save file to actual cartridge.

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by purepsykosis, Apr 21, 2013.

Apr 21, 2013
  1. purepsykosis
    OP

Newcomer purepsykosis Newbie

Canada
  2. AngryGeek416

Member AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    I know its possible with a DS lite

3. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    As CanuckBuck says, you can do it with an original DS/DS Lite if you have a DS flash cart. Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool will do the trick.

To answer your original question though, I know that most of the GBA flash cart readers I own give you the ability to dump/reload saves, so I can't imagine that the product you link to would be any different.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If all you want is PAL park and you have a 3 in 1, an EZ4 or one of a handful of other GBA flash carts then there are ways to do it via hacking the DS games
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-hacks/download-pokepatch-42-f27240.html
    Similarly you can get something done with DS emulators too and transfer saves around that way.

If you want it on the original cart for some reason then you can transfer the save to the DS cart which is a far easier gig. You might even be able to port the patch to cheat form and go that way but you might have to ponder that later.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'll just chime in real quick and say that Pokemon save files, for any generation on any handheld, are notoriously hard to deal with. Most other games are relatively easy for saving/restoring to/from official cartridges, but Pokemon games always want to be so much more complex for whatever reason.

That gameboy-advance.net website you linked was a good starting point for information way back in the day, but even when I bought my first GBA flash cart in 2005 it was already outdated. Note that the article you linked was written way before Emerald even came out, so I'm going to have to disagree with Thaddius here. The DS-level programs may be able to do it, but the hardware from 2005 definitely can't.

Look more towards what FAST6191 suggested instead. He likely knows way more about this than I.

thaddius likes this.
  6. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    Oh jeez. I didn't even look at what model it was. Yeah, no I've used that one before. It can't do that. I assumed it was something with a linker cable or something. You will not be able to find a linker xtreme anyway.

I still stand by Rudolph's save transferer. It's the best option, and DS flash cards are easy to find (and usually much cheaper too). You can literally put the save file on the DS flash card and transfer it onto an actual GBA cart that's in the DS/DS lite's GBA slot.