OP
Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
Good morning guys,

Already check on the website the presence of similar threads but the only ones I found were not replied.

The problem I have is the following:

I'm going to buy a New Nintendo 3DS XL in order to replace my OLD 3DS XL, what I'm asking is how I can transfer my CIAs Saves AND NNID from my OLD 3DS XL to the new one (I'll install a9lh on it).

Actually my configuration is the following:

-Linked Sysnand and Emunand;
-Sysnand 9.2;
-Emunand (10.6 with red gateway card).

I was thinking to install emunand to N3DS then transfer information via nintendo transfer tool from the old one to the new one to link the same NNID first.
Then I'll install my CIAs on the new 3ds and transfer saves with savedatafiler.

Let me know if I'm thinking wrong and thank you.

nwhiteman42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use JK's Save Manager to export and import saves. Format your system memory on your Old 3DS XL. This will unlink your NNID from your Old 3DS XL. When your finished with backing up your saves sign into your NNID on your New 3DS XL.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Good morning guys,

Already check on the website the presence of similar threads but the only ones I found were not replied.

The problem I have is the following:

I'm going to buy a New Nintendo 3DS XL in order to replace my OLD 3DS XL, what I'm asking is how I can transfer my CIAs Saves AND NNID from my OLD 3DS XL to the new one (I'll install a9lh on it).

Actually my configuration is the following:

-Linked Sysnand and Emunand;
-Sysnand 9.2;
-Emunand (10.6 with red gateway card).

I was thinking to install emunand to N3DS then transfer information via nintendo transfer tool from the old one to the new one to link the same NNID first.
Then I'll install my CIAs on the new 3ds and transfer saves with savedatafiler.

Let me know if I'm thinking wrong and thank you.
After you install a9lh, you can perform a system transfer. Just make sure your emuNAND on the old 3ds is up to date, same with the sysNAND on the new 3ds. Choose wireless data transfer and all your stuff will be transferred to the new console. But delete anything you don't need because if it takes too long it won't work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use JK's Save Manager to export and import saves. Format your system memory on your Old 3DS XL. This will unlink your NNID from your Old 3DS XL. When your finished with backing up your saves sign into your NNID on your New 3DS XL.
You can't just sign into your NNID on a new console. The NNID is only linked to one console at a time and can only be signed into on that console. The only way to link your NNID with a new console is a system transfer, or ringing Nintendo up and giving them a sob story about how your little brother dropped your 3ds in the toilet and you can't perform a system transfer yourself. Then they update the details on their server.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Not A Squid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread or not, but I'll post here since it's mostly relevant.

Is there any way to transfer downloaded apps without transferring NNIDs/formatting to sign out? Or perhaps a homebrew that dumps titles as installable cias?
I have a NNID on each o3ds, and I'd like to take the games from one (menuhax, not going to downgrade) to the other (AuReiNand and A9LH).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread or not, but I'll post here since it's mostly relevant.

Is there any way to transfer downloaded apps without transferring NNIDs/formatting to sign out? Or perhaps a homebrew that dumps titles as installable cias?
I have a NNID on each o3ds, and I'd like to take the games from one (menuhax, not going to downgrade) to the other (AuReiNand and A9LH).
If it is bought eShop content, you can use FunkyCIA to dump it.

Not A Squid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is bought eShop content, you can use FunkyCIA to dump it.

I don't think I can use FunkyCia. The games I want to transfer are on a 10.5 system that does not have emunand set up, and I would prefer to not downgrade it unless that's the only possible way. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think I can use FunkyCia. The games I want to transfer are on a 10.5 system that does not have emunand set up, and I would prefer to not downgrade it unless that's the only possible way. Thank you for the suggestion, though.
There's also BrainDump, a homebrew program. I think it has some limitations but not sure what they are. Whatever games you want to dump I would bet you $50 they are available for download from you-know-where.

codeluca

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
After you install a9lh, you can perform a system transfer. Just make sure your emuNAND on the old 3ds is up to date, same with the sysNAND on the new 3ds. Choose wireless data transfer and all your stuff will be transferred to the new console. But delete anything you don't need because if it takes too long it won't work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't just sign into your NNID on a new console. The NNID is only linked to one console at a time and can only be signed into on that console. The only way to link your NNID with a new console is a system transfer, or ringing Nintendo up and giving them a sob story about how your little brother dropped your 3ds in the toilet and you can't perform a system transfer yourself. Then they update the details on their server.

Thank you for your reply.

This because al9h has just the sysNand and not the emuNand, right? So if I want to do this with the GW CF I just have to update the emunand (n3ds) to the latest possible version and do the wireless data transfer from o3ds emunand to the n3ds emunand, is that right?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for your reply.

This because al9h has just the sysNand and not the emuNand, right? So if I want to do this with the GW CF I just have to update the emunand (n3ds) to the latest possible version and do the wireless data transfer from o3ds emunand to the n3ds emunand, is that right?
Yep you can do emuNAND to emuNAND too. There's a little trick for the end of the process - if you seem to be stuck PM me and I'll tell you what to do

codeluca

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
Yep you can do emuNAND to emuNAND too. There's a little trick for the end of the process - if you seem to be stuck PM me and I'll tell you what to do

If you think that it is something that I need to know now just tell me before i get stuck :wacko:

Do the wireless data transfer procedure transfer a .cia installed save that it is not downloaded from the e-shop? If not, do I have to use savedatafiler?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It will transfer all your saves so you won't have to worry about that. The part that can seem stuck on emunand to emunand old to new, is when both consoles think they're finished, the new 3ds will try to restart and of course end up on sysnand, and then when you boot emunand again it will restart again. To fix this, when you're in sysnand, disable wireless, boot into emunand, you now get an option to cancel the transfer, take that. Then it might look like your games haven't transferred but when you log into the eShop and exit, your games all appear.

Reactions: Garro and Arubaro

codeluca

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
Oh god good to hear that, thank you again, i'll let you know something when i'll buy the new device.

Just a little OT question then, for me, this topic can be closed;
My nands now are linked, if I unlink the emunand, will I have problems with .cia saves or NNID and consequently playing online? I would like to unlink them to prevent access to data management, to have different themes and so on (if there are disadvantages of unlinked emunands just tell me) but I'm not so sure about it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh god good to hear that, thank you again, i'll let you know something when i'll buy the new device.

Just a little OT question then, for me, this topic can be closed;
My nands now are linked, if I unlink the emunand, will I have problems with .cia saves or NNID and consequently playing online? I would like to unlink them to prevent access to data management, to have different themes and so on (if there are disadvantages of unlinked emunands just tell me) but I'm not so sure about it.
Generally everybody unlinks their NANDs; the benefit of keeping them linked is that you only have to install GBA games once (instead of both to emuNAND and to sysNAND if they are unlinked). I think that's the only benefit. If you keep them linked you have to unwrap your games every time you start up your 3DS, you have risks with data management as you said, and other things too.

Reactions: codeluca

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
It will transfer all your saves so you won't have to worry about that. The part that can seem stuck on emunand to emunand old to new, is when both consoles think they're finished, the new 3ds will try to restart and of course end up on sysnand, and then when you boot emunand again it will restart again. To fix this, when you're in sysnand, disable wireless, boot into emunand, you now get an option to cancel the transfer, take that. Then it might look like your games haven't transferred but when you log into the eShop and exit, your games all appear.
I did exactly what you specified and when I finally got into Emunand (after many nand dumps and transfer) I freaked out when I noticed no game appeared in the home menu, and were grayed out in Data Management. I followed your last step and logged in the eShop and all the games are back. Thank you so much! I was about to explode D:

EDIT: Actually now I'm noticing only my legit purchases were restored, all of my installed CIAs are still grayed out. Any ideas of how to fix this?

Last edited by Garro,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I did exactly what you specified and when I finally got into Emunand (after many nand dumps and transfer) I freaked out when I noticed no game appeared in the home menu, and were grayed out in Data Management. I followed your last step and logged in the eShop and all the games are back. Thank you so much! I was about to explode D:

EDIT: Actually now I'm noticing only my legit purchases were restored, all of my installed CIAs are still grayed out. Any ideas of how to fix this?
Install them again - they should install in about five seconds each, as they are in your SD card but just need to be written to title.db.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Install them again - they should install in about five seconds each, as they are in your SD card but just need to be written to title.db.
I see, I had a feeling it could be something like that. I still have a backup of the source Emunand before the system transfer, would it work if I extract the title.db and inject it to the n3DS Emunand?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I see, I had a feeling it could be something like that. I still have a backup of the source Emunand before the system transfer, would it work if I extract the title.db and inject it to the n3DS Emunand?
I'm not really sure - might as well experiment though! Take a backup of your current emunand first.

I have a small feeling it won't work because your previous emunand was on another console - but there's no harm in trying.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I'm not really sure - might as well experiment though! Take a backup of your current emunand first.

I have a small feeling it won't work because your previous emunand was on another console - but there's no harm in trying.
Indeed, I tried injecting a combination of ticket.db and title.db, all resulting in black screens. I'll just take my time to redownload 50GB of games again~

codeluca

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
How am I supposed to transfer on AuReiNand Sysnand my data? Do I need to do this during the first installation of AuReiNand (last part of Plailect Guide) ? Or once installed AuReiNand should I just press "format" on system setting on cfw sysnand and start system transfer?

I would like to try a configuration without Emunand, just CFW Sysnand.

Edit: Not sure if I need to do a new thread for visibility... [emoji21]

Last edited by codeluca,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water