Homebrew Transfer a9lhax 3ds+cias to another 3ds

KungFuJoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone...first post here. Been trying to search for this particular question, but either my google skills are bad or not too many people are doing this.

Basically, I have an a9lhacked o3ds with a bunch of games installed on it already. Been looking into upgrading to a n3ds. I know how to hack that using Plailect's excellent guide...but was hoping there would be a way to avoid having to reinstall every single CIA I have once that's done.

I've read some things about just needing the ticket and the corresponding folder within the Nintendo 3DS folder on the sd card...but from what I know, you still need the actual cia file. Only, when you install it, it will detect the software is already in the Nintendo 3DS folder, and will just abort (but the software will then be present).

Is there another way to do this that doesn't require the original cia file? I already have a 32GB sd card nearly full and wouldn't be able to store all the cias on it along with the existing software.

TIA!

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBATemp. Rule #1: don't make new threads asking questions.
Even though you have to reinstall the cias, you can transfer the saves with a save tool.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@fikatr Legit CIA"s aren"t ransfered (well if you say the Legit CIA"s that are from preinstalled content of course) only bought and pre installed content will be transfered.
Also you will be able to use the other 3DS SD card contents in the target console but it will be not usable as there"s no tickets from them so you will need to install the tickets from them I think, other things like the Mii, Friend Code, eShop account, NNID and some more will be transfered also.

KungFuJoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBATemp. Rule #1: don't make new threads asking questions.
Even though you have to reinstall the cias, you can transfer the saves with a save tool.

What do you mean don't make new threads asking questions? Or did you mean introductory threads? Is there an introduction board somewhere I can post in?

P

PaiiNSteven

Format both 3DS and use 0-key movable.sed. I dont know any other way. I use it.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
0-key movable.sed will brick without Signatures Patches for that as the RSA verification fails if the 0-key movable.sed isn"t corrected first.

Last edited by Clector,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: You booze you snooze?