Transfer 3DS CFW to Stock 3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jaredthemann7, May 7, 2017.

1. Jaredthemann7
    OP

Jaredthemann7 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Recently (5 seconds ago) my o3ds with CFW just went R.I.P. (charger port messed up and way more problems I wont deal with) and I wanted to get a o3ds XL to hold me off while the New 2DS XL comes out (I'm poor, don't kill me).
    I want to know if there is a specific way of transferring stuff and if there are any risk of losing data or whatnot. I know there is a chance of losing all save data for freeshop games and cias.
    I'm asking this because I could only find people talking about transferring to a CFW 3ds and not to a stock one.
    Also, would I need another SD card on the 3DS XL or I don't need another SD card to transfer and do I have to use the computer to transfer or can I just use the regular transfer in the 3DS settings?
    Thanks in advance!

2. skullkeeper94

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    Okay, umm...

I believe you cannot per say. You'd have to get an emuNAND first, redownload your games, then transfer saves.

And yes, I believe you'll need another AS Card (Or the same one but wiped, whichever.)

3. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    As long that both systems are in latest version(CFW won't transfer to stock, so you will only transfer saves), you should be able to transfer saves...

But you would need to be able to charge the 3DS to make sure the transfer is successful

What I would do is to back up the saves using a save manager, then when you get the XL, use the save manager to transfer the saves. Much easier and faster

Only thing is the NNID, that would need to use System Transfer

4. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    There is still a chance the charger dock will still work

5. Jaredthemann7
    OP

Jaredthemann7 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I use the charger dock.
    My 3DS charger port got messed up too bad so yeah....

6. Jaredthemann7
    OP

Jaredthemann7 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    So basically I would:
    1. JKSM to back up my game saves
    2. Transfer to 3DSXL in the settings (without old sd card in either 3ds?)
    3. Put o3ds SD card in XL
    4. Redownlowd games from NNID and put the saves back with JKSM
    Did I miss anything or mess up?