Transcend or A-data? & No plastic protection?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by crazyazn5, Apr 5, 2008.

Apr 5, 2008
  1. crazyazn5
    OP

Newcomer crazyazn5 Advanced Member

United States
    I read the forum on the cyclo-ds section for this but was unsure if its the same for the ds.

So I was wondering if the A-data 4gb (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211196) or the transcend 4-gb (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208408) is better? They're both class 6. I find the transcend has the same specs as the a-data but has better reviews than the A-data.

The reviews say that there had been a lot of DOAs (Dead on arrivals) for the A-data, so I wondering if the transcend is better.

Also, I just got my SC SDHC (YAY! [​IMG] ) and was wondering if anyone got one recently and it doesnt have like the plastic protection on the contacts on the bottom of the SUPERCARD. Is that normal? Because all the SC SDHC I saw had the little strips of plastic to protect it. Also on mine it doesnt say NDS and DS on the gray bar on the sticker... is that normal?

-Thanks

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I've never heard of many DOAs for A-Data. But I also heard that the A-data is just slightly faster. There really isn't a big difference.

3. crazyazn5
    OP

United States
    How about the little plastic strips? I dont have any on my contacts and I dont have the "NDS and NDSL" writing on the gray line. CLONE? (doubt it but just to make sure...)

4. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    On my sandisk card, I don't see any plastic strips on the contact, so I guess that's how it's supposed to be. Also, The micro sd isn't supposed to have "For NDS and NDSL" on it, because they don't know that you can use micro sd to play games on it, and it's illegal to use. The packaging of the micro sd shouldn't have it either. (Unless you're talking about the SCDS1 SDHC, which does have "For NDS&NDSL on its sticker)

5. crazyazn5
    OP

United States
    Woops, i was talking about my Supercard... on my supercard it doesnt have the plastic strips to protect the contact and theres no "For NDS & NDSL" on the gray part of the sticker. Why is that? I saw how other people had them...

6. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Hmmm. Weird. As I've explained before, my SCDS1 has "For NDS& NDSL". Which version of SCDS1 is it? Also, I don't see any plastic strips covering the DS contacts, but just the contacts.

7. kthankzbye

Newcomer kthankzbye Member

United States
    I thought I had a clone too! I actually posted on the supercard forum and this is the new revision. I also have no little plastic teeth on the contacts and all the pictures has it. Then I realized they changed the supercard and removed the teeth. You guys don't have the plastic teeth thing too soo it's not a clone, don't worry.

8. crazyazn5
    OP

United States
    @kthankzbye
    Omg thanks kthankzbye. I thought i had like a fake. So im guessing this is a new version? But kthankzbye does yours say "For NDS and NDSL" on the gray strip? Mine doesnt.. Seems like they're getting cheaper by the second.

@ojsinnerz
    I just got my SCDS1 so I'm guessing its the newest version.

Anyways, do you think the contacts might rip on the card? Because I heard the some stories and saw some pictures that had a flash card contacts all ripped because it got stuck in the DS...

9. kthankzbye

United States
    Mine says it though, I got it a month ago. As long as it came in a green box with a cd and everything, then you shouldn't worry about it. I guess they just stopped printing it on it. Where did you order it from by the way?

10. crazyazn5
    OP

United States
    I got mine from Dealextreme. I had to wait like a month....

Guess they're getting cheaper? They're saving more ink....lmao.

Whered you get yours?

11. kthankzbye

United States
    I got it from leetmod. I guess it looks better that way maybe. I don't really care for the sticker, as long as I can play my games. good choice, I'm just waiting for an update on the GUI, hopefully one will come out.

12. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I hope so too. It has a few issues that turns people away from the SCDS1. I personally like it though. I just wish they'd improve it's overall speed, and upgrate the Moonshell.

13. crazyazn5
    OP

United States
    Well I think the SCDS1 is the best flash cart around. I mean RTS for 35 dollars? And they prob will update the GUI one day...