Transcend 2gb MicroSD

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by six-five-two, May 2, 2007.

May 2, 2007

Transcend 2gb MicroSD by six-five-two at 6:46 AM (708 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. six-five-two
    OP

Member six-five-two GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have found a good deal at a local computer store for a Transcend 2gb MicroSD card for $50 CAD. I know I can get it on the internets for much cheaper but I am impatient and prefer to get it ASAP. So my 2 questions are:
    1. Does it ever break down?
    2. What is the read/write speeds?

However, another store claims to have a Kingston 2gb MicroSD for $45. Please answer my 2 questions above for the Kingston 2gb card.

I am going to use this 2gb MicroSD card for Music on my M3 Lite Professional.

Please reply fast!
    Thanks!!

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I have that card in my R4DS. It is slow. Castlevania PoR unplayable. I haven't tried Tony Hawk, but I haven't had a problem with any other game.

I'm not sure about the read/write speeds....my card reader is speed limited and therefore inaccurate for testing speeds. But it seems to read/write at half the speed of my Transcend miniSD 2gig. The card itself has never corrupted or lost data so far. The SD translator card that comes with it works well.

I don't know how it will fare in an M3 lite. 2gig microSD cards are, by default, generally slower than the larger SD cards.

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    For music, the card speed doesn't really matter. Transcend should be enough to play Mp3s and most GBA games *goes off to play Rhythm Tengoku*

4. six-five-two
    OP

Member six-five-two GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah this is only to run Moonshell, DSOrganize, and Beup. The main function of this 2gb card is to play Music and Videos.

I found a Kingston 2gb MicroSD card for $45. Is Kingston 2gb MicroSD cards any good?