Trails of Cold Steel 1 - Clear save file with 100% completion request

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by moonblood666, Oct 17, 2016.

1. moonblood666
    OP

moonblood666 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Currently i`m considering to replay Trails of Cold Steel 1 on my PSTV (my first walkthrough was on the PS3) just to get an end game savefile with all quests completed (100%) as i did with Cold Steel 1 on my PS3, to load it in Cold Steel 2. I could play Cold Steel 2 on my PS3, but i want to save my old fat lady for the upcoming Persona 5. You know, the older a PS3 gets the higher the chance of a YLOD.

So the question is: Does anyone have a Cold Steel 1 Vita end game savefile with nearly all sidequests done? I really really cannot start Cold Steel 2 without such a thing, it just hurts.^^

2. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    You would need a save file from someone who has legally purchased and played the game (TOCS1) afaik.
    TOCS 2 doesn't recognise a backup copy save.

3. moonblood666
    OP

moonblood666 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Wow, i didn`t know about that. So let me clarify: I wouldn`t be even able to Play the first game again on my PSTV and tranfer the save over to CS2?
    Isn´t there any other way, like converting a PS3 save file from CS1? There is a Cross save feature.

Last edited by moonblood666, Oct 17, 2016
  4. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    I am not sure about cross saves.
    If you were to play TOCS 1 using a 'backup' on your PSTV, you cannot load the save on TOCS2 irrespective of whether cs2 is legit or not.
    There was a thread here detailing which combination works for save transfer, but iirc you had to have made a save from a legit TOCS 1 game.

Edit- I looked around and it seems there is a way to get the save across. Sorry, my bad.
    Link-

https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy...o_use_save_data_from_dumped_game_to_original/

Edit 2- Oops , I just reread that. Looks like it may still not be possible. I should sleep now.

Last edited by satan89, Oct 17, 2016
  5. justbegamer

justbegamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2016
    Indonesia
    sorry the only way to use dumped save data is to transfer it to original psn or cartridge first,
    or using ps3 save data *before opening gate to outside of school, to cold 2 *must using psn feature
    there a redd*t thread that share 1 clear save file for cold 2

satan89 likes this.
  6. moonblood666
    OP

moonblood666 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Yeah i requested that on reddit.. So right now i have a CSII save game at the start of game with CSI 100% save implemented. Works awesome.
    I don`t know if it is allowed to post reddit links here, but if so, i`d post a link if anyone is interested.
    The guy who posted the savefile is a saviour.^^

7. justbegamer

justbegamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2016
    Indonesia
    i believe we cant post full address link here, but i interested about the save file
    can you give/tell me address after domain(reddit)? or just header/title/your id name so i can manually search at reddit?

8. Tiaph

Tiaph Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    United States
    If you look up Tyaph on reddit you should be able to find it. It imports a 100% save file from the first game with Fie chosen at the end.

justbegamer and satan89 like this.
  9. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    Thank you for the save file. I've been looking for it as well.