Traffic lights with surveillance cameras.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by wiithepeople, Nov 3, 2007.

?

Do traffic lights near you have surveillance cameras on them?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes but I think they're fake :S

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Some do, some don't...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Nov 3, 2007
  1. wiithepeople
    OP

Member wiithepeople ^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D

United States
    Do traffic lights near you have surveillance cameras on them? They do for me [​IMG]

I made this post because I was in the car with my dad, and he accidentally turned left on a red light, thinking it was a flashing red light (tells you to yield) [​IMG]

He got kinda pissed tbh because if you get caught with the camera, they charge you $75 [​IMG]

Have fun! [​IMG]

2. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    My town of 2000 has 2 traffic lights. That's a no.

3. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    OH yeah!
    Theres like 4-5 intersections in my city with cameras. My city has about ~100,000 people... sooo yeah

Never gotten a ticket though [​IMG]

4. Warm Woolly Shee

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My sister worked for a company that processed these images for the state. There are a few ways around this:

1) If they can't see your face, you can't get a ticket. So if you have your visor down and it blocks your eyes, or you have a halloween mask on, or the ones she thought was a good bit of retribution - if your skin is a dark shade of black, most times it will be too hard for the camera to see. No ticket.

2) If your license plate is blocked in any way.

3) If a funny hippy is running in front of the camera everytime a car speeds by. Apparently he stayed there for 3 hours with no shirt on, the wind in his chest hair.

5. living-ghost

Newcomer living-ghost Advanced Member

Canada
    My home town has a couple. When they first came out they never attached the time stamps to the photos. So I think someone fought the ticket because of that. It had something to do with alabyes and not needing one since no one could say when the crime occurred.

6. ozzyzak

Member ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Definitely got a few in my area. I rather like them, especially ever since I almost got T-boned because some asshole tried to beat the light.

People haven't learned though since I see someone run it almost every time, though since I've never been caught I don't even know if they're real. But since they flash, I tend to think they might be.

7. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    A few near my area, about 2ish. It's a good thing too, cuz night racers use that street to well... race.

8. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Yep, there are a few of those insta-bust cameras around my house. I'm really surprised they aren't being vandalized as I feel they are just ways to soak more money out of people without the need for actual cops....the lazy bastards that they are in my town.

How can you "face your accuser" when it's a stinkin' camera?

Nobody voted them in. Where's the "We the People" vote as to whether we should have those cameras or not? Oh yeah, our "representatives"....and just WHO are they representing? Certainly not the opinion of the general population.

Those cameras are just there to bulge the pockets of the greedy bastards in power and to screw us "peasants".

Where were the cops when I called about my car getting stolen? I had to go to the station and report it myself, those lazy bastards never showed up when I called. [​IMG] Oh! But they were quick to charge me fees for towing and storage when they found my car. Uh-huh.....the asshole that stole it is still at large, but I got charged for my inconvenience. Real fair, eh?

I'm getting real sick of how greedy the government has become and how little they care about public opinion or the innocent victims.

9. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    Yep.. I have them almost everywhere in my city.

My brother got caught without a seat-belt on. [​IMG]

~Nero

10. Taras

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    Rayder has the correct answer. Greedy-ass piglets and pond-scum contracting companies combining to take more of your hard earned like clockwork. Welcome to the surveillence society folks. It only goes downhill from here.

11. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Yep, they installed the camera in our traffic lights last August.

12. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Greater Toronto Area has a population of about 7.3 Million, so yeah, every major intersection has a camera.

13. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    Ive heard from the news (perhaps a rumor?) That most of the time those cameras dont work because they cost so much to run. So chances are that you wont get a ticket.

Im not one to take a red light so i dont mind it. Sure does make you paranoid as hell though [​IMG]

14. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Depends on where you live. Toronto has put so much into traffic technology. The camera automatically detects how much of a mistake you made. My bro once got a ticket saying he crossed the red light after 0.4 seconds it turned red. [​IMG] The shit is accurate all right.

15. WK416

Member WK416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Kinda wish there were some around here. I honestly can't tell. A camera probably could've caught the jackass that almost ran down my Mom by going in reverse at top speed. From the sound of things, I don't think the camera would've helped though. [​IMG]

16. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    I doubt my country has the funds to place a camera on each traffic light...

17. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I think they're fake o__o It's not like they have someone sitting at a monitor room watching everything in every street corner.

18. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    My state has lots of the boxes on top of traffic lights but most are empty. They have like 5 or 6 real cameras that they move around. You can't tell which ones have the camera in them or if they're just an empty box.

pretty good idea I reckon [​IMG]

19. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The cameras takes snapshots when you hit the gas on a red light. And they're quick too, no regular consumer-cars can outrun the cameras. Of course they don't have someone sitting in a monitor room, that's what computers are for.