Hacking Trading Pokemon on ultra sun and moon?

H4X0R46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So, I have a sky3ds+ with ultra moon. I have a private header that I extracted myself with a skydock. My brother wanted to trade Pokemon (his is a real copy of ultra sun), is it safe to trade Pokemon from a real copy to a sky?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So, I have a sky3ds+ with ultra moon. I have a private header that I extracted myself with a skydock. My brother wanted to trade Pokemon (his is a real copy of ultra sun), is it safe to trade Pokemon from a real copy to a sky?
Yes, it's safe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Considering he already has the Sky3DS it's a bit moot now isn't it?

I know... It's for that reason that people on GBATemp recommends to not buy a Sky3DS (at that price he could sell it...), if the OP really wants a flashcart for 3DS GAMES (Stargate who is an advanced version of Sky3ds or Gateway...)

H4X0R46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering he already has the Sky3DS it's a bit moot now isn't it?

Cool thanks! Yeah the Stargate wasn't even out when I got my sky. Wish I could have gotten a Stargate. Since we're on the topic here, is it even possible to put CFW on a New 3DS XL on the newest 11.6 firmware? Of course I'll do my own research on it, just wondering if that's even possible for my console at this time.

H4X0R46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you just need to buy a R4 and do ntrboothax...
Well, I have an R4i Gold already, do I need the R4i Gold Plus for ntrhacks? They released a new one, here's a link. https://goo.gl/saspgW

EDIT: I did some reading on my own, and answered my own question. It's possible, just a bit more to it. Now my new question. Does CFW with ntrhacks actually write data to the console's nand? Or does the CFW just boot from your sd card? My goal really is just to play GBA roms. I have cubic ninja and been using ninjhax, but most homebrew apps just red screen when exiting them. It's really annoying.

Last edited by H4X0R46,

HRudyPlayZ

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK ^^^
(I will answer your question to newbies on thread thought )

- CFW is installed to the console's NAND but needs SD to be installed properly (It doesn't matter since on the 3DS you basically needs the SD to be able to do more than just explore the homemenu)
- Depending of where you bought your R4 you can (or not) use it to have ntrboothax without buying a new one.
- If your goal is simply to play GBA games, R4s can do that.
- Depending of your 3DS firmware you can use ninjhax & use safehax to install CFW directly (no r4s needed)

Oh and because we are totally off-topic, i think you can possibly trade pokemons on usum with sky3ds+ (as long as you don't trade hacked one like a pokemon with all stats at maximum...)

Reactions: H4X0R46

H4X0R46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK ^^^
(I will answer your question to newbies on thread thought )

- CFW is installed to the console's NAND but needs SD to be installed properly (It doesn't matter since on the 3DS you basically needs the SD to be able to do more than just explore the homemenu)
- Depending of where you bought your R4 you can (or not) use it to have ntrboothax without buying a new one.
- If your goal is simply to play GBA games, R4s can do that.
- Depending of your 3DS firmware you can use ninjhax & use safehax to install CFW directly (no r4s needed)

Oh and because we are totally off-topic, i think you can possibly trade pokemons on usum with sky3ds+ (as long as you don't trade hacked one like a pokemon with all stats at maximum...)
Thanks man! Yeah I think I might just get a DSTWO for emulation of old games sometime. I only consider this because I've gone so far with flashcards already, probably should have modded my console before buying all of mine. Got a sky for 3ds games, and an R4i Gold RTS for NDS roms. Might as well just go with another flashcard. I jumped on modding all my other consoles early, got lazy with my 3DS to be honest haha. Well thank you guys for your help and pointers! I went ahead and traded some pokemon with my bro and everything was cool!

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks man! Yeah I think I might just get a DSTWO for emulation of old games sometime. I only consider this because I've gone so far with flashcards already, probably should have modded my console before buying all of mine. Got a sky for 3ds games, and an R4i Gold RTS for NDS roms. Might as well just go with another flashcard. I jumped on modding all my other consoles early, got lazy with my 3DS to be honest haha. Well thank you guys for your help and pointers! I went ahead and traded some pokemon with my bro and everything was cool!
dont buy dstwo for emulation they are expensive and use a lot of battery
you can play all those emulators on a CFW 3ds with better compability

HRudyPlayZ

Trophies
XP
Country
France
dont buy dstwo for emulation they are expensive and use a lot of battery
you can play all those emulators on a CFW 3ds with better compability
He can buy a DSTWO for the DS mode features (who are more present than on r4s (Speed Edits, Folders Gestion, Good Menu [Because r4s are timed to 2020, you'll need to use YSMenu to keep it working but the menu is ugly])

I'd only recommend to buy one or a DSTWO+ if you went to have a collection of flashcarts thought (Very Rare, Pricey, Unsopported now) ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.