trading pokemon games

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by -KangaRod-, Dec 30, 2007.

Dec 30, 2007

trading pokemon games by -KangaRod- at 8:03 PM (1,443 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. -KangaRod-
    OP

Member -KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    So whats the trick?
    I'm trying to trade from my copy of Yellow to my copy of fire red, and the yellow wont recogonize there is a cable hooked up regardless if I've hooked the cable (and yellow) into a GBC or another advance.

2. VBKirby

Member VBKirby GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It is not possible to trade from any of the Gameboy colour games, to the Gameboy advance games. The programmers didn't allow it, or it seriously was impossible to made the hardware work that way. Sorry, but that's the way it goes.

3. -KangaRod-
    OP

Canada
    how are you supose to get all the pokemon on to your ds card then?

4. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    You can't trade Pokemon from GBA games to GBC, just as you can't trade GBC games to GB games.
    You can get all the Pokemon - but you'll have to use your DS, Gamecube, and Gameboy Advance games [​IMG]
    But getting all of them would be super hard and take a long time (if you do it legit, of course)...

5. VBKirby

Canada
    I use action replay on my GBA and migrate them all to Pearl. (or I did while I was still playing it) Of course I gave them cheated items too. I got several Togekiss on my Pearl game, and those are trump cards on the Global trading system. you can get anything for those.

The sad truth is, that you can't get all of the pokemon without cheating. I managed to get them all legit in Red and Gold (except for Celebi) but it's impossible in the newer games.

Now if I were on the Nintendo-play forum and I said the above, I would be treated like a mass murderer. Those guys are purists, and it's annoying to have them flame you for cheating on a game. I mean, It's just a game right? I'm not gonna buy 50 different cartridges and waste my whole life just to get some rare pokemon that's probably useless anyways.

6. -KangaRod-
    OP

Canada
    so, you can trade from GBC to gamecube, and then from Gamecube to GBA?

7. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Still no.

@JPH: You can trade from GSC to RBY using the Time Machine, but not the other way around IIRC.

8. VBKirby

Canada
    "RBY" looked like an acronym for ruby, so I got confused for a sec.