Hacking Trading Pokemon from new flashcarts

JustAnotherPirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I rarely ask a question anywhere. I almost allways make my research myself. But this time I need a piece of advice.
Here is what I want. I want to buy some kind of flashcart for my Nintendo 3DS and play newer Pokemon games(X&Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Saphire, Sun&Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon). However I don't want to lose my pokemon. After playing each game I would like to transfer them to Pokemon Bank or to my original, bought copy of Pokemon Y.
I've seen some threads about that but they are ages old so something might have changed.
Here is what I have:
> New Nintendo 3DS XL with 11.6.0-39E firmware
> Original cartridge with Pokemon Y
> some cash to buy a flashcart
I'd prefer an easy, user friendly way of a flashcart (shouldn't it be called "flashcard"?). I've read a little about Sky3DS and Stargate. Maybe one of these would do the trick. However if there is another, harder way, I'm all ears.
Please tell me how can I accomplish my goal of transfering pokemon from pirated copy of mentioned above pokemon games?

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why use a flash cart when you can buy and download 3DS games from the eshop and install directly to your system?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you should forgo the 3DS flashcard for an NTRBoot compliant DS mode card and use it to install CFW and freeshop to your device. From there you'll be able to play all DS Pokemon games and 3DS Pokemon games. As for transferring Pokemon I have never tried and wouldn't be the one to ask but do know that it would follow the same steps for digital download copies of the game as it would for physical copies so once you find answers to that just CFW your device and enjoy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also if you're using retail copies of the games the (pirated or not) the official transfer method should work as long as non of your Pokemon are illegit or improperly modded.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Get CFW for your 3ds you need a DS flashcard(they are a lot cheaper than the 3ds cards) if you can´t hardmod, i think there was a single system dsiware hack if you can´t buy a flashcard but im not sure, sky3ds are outdated and have a lot of restrictions
if you need a guide use https://3ds.guide/
you need to buy a pokebank suscription or use pksm
you can transfer your pokemon with pksm or pkhex to your copy of Y

JustAnotherPirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Rioluwott
According to that guide I would need another 3DS or 2DS with boot9strap. I was hoping for a way that wouldn't include spending that much money on a new console. Is there an alternative?

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Rioluwott
According to that guide I would need another 3DS or 2DS with boot9strap. I was hoping for a way that wouldn't include spending that much money on a new console. Is there an alternative?
thats the dsiware injection method there is a single 3ds way but its in beta version(i think) and is not listed in the guide yet
you need to use ntrboot you just need a compatible ds flashcard and a magnet

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: mikey420

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend CFW with an NTRBoot flashcard as its far easier and allows you to restore the cart for use in playing DS roms with a high comparability rate.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
It is a single 3ds way to get it. You can find it at https://gbatemp.net/threads/seedminer-single-system-dsiware-injection.495685/ . The only thing is, if your CPU and GPU sucks this method can take days to complete.
Almost any dedicated GPU is actually good, even cheap ones. I have a budget gaming laptop with a GTX 960M and the average brute force time is < 2 hours.
Really, only CPU and integrated graphics suck.

That said, I'm surprised no one with a really fast GPU hasn't set up a little business mining people's movable.sed's for a small fee.
Could make some nice little pocket change from that and it would probably be cheaper and faster than a flashcard for users.
and no im not personally going to do this lol

Reactions: lone_wolf323

Blackfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D