Hardware trading in a ps3 controller

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,
so i went to trade in my ps3 sixaxis controller today so i could get a dual shock and they wouldn't accept it because the serial (barcode) at the back had faded away.
just wanted to ask that will ask game shops refuse the controller, and why is the serial so important?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
issy12 said:
Hi there,
so i went to trade in my ps3 sixaxis controller today so i could get a dual shock and they wouldn't accept it because the serial (barcode) at the back had faded away.
just wanted to ask that will ask game shops refuse the controller, and why is the serial so important?

It's probably to confirm it's an official ps3 controller. I have seen fakes that's really hard to tell the difference.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It depends on the game shops policy for trade-ins. I can think of two reasons why they may not accept a controller without a clear barcode - either in case it's one of those cheap knockoffs, or in case they need the unique number for the purpose of their systems.

Try another place, like CEX, GameStation or some HMV stores.

EDIT: @thegame, you might want to check your title: "Did you relise that you where a champion? Yes I did". I've emboldened the mistakes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse