Trading forum country flag suggestion.

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about every thread in the trading forum has a flag next to it for whatever country the original poster is in. :3

That way you won't get excited for some deal only to find out the are half way across the planet.
mad.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Instead of being derived from the country flag in the poster's sidebar, are you wanting this to be selectable on the first post? That way it'll be double confirmation, rather than displaying a default flag that they haven't bothered changing.

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is nobody would bother selecting anything unless they were forced to, then they might just click one at random.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, they could always get a warning if they choose the wrong flag
rolleyes.gif

Might be harsh the first time, maybe after a second time or something.

Or threat of a warning as a deterrent.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that could be cool, but it seems a bit more problems than it's worth. I mean, each member DOES have the flag next to their name... and it's not like there's a flood 100 new trades posted each day, so you're not having to wade through tons of them regularly.

But, i'm not at the forefront of helpful changes to this site, i just talk a lot of shit and have a blue name
biggrin.gif

Oh, and i can delete stuff. WIN!

Destructobot said:
Providing false information in the trading forum should get you a suspension at least, as well as enough warning to make the trading forum inaccessible.

I fully agree with this statement.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Sounds like a good idea to me
Maybe you should make a poll for this

although I don't even use it myself
tongue.gif
I don't think a poll is necessary, since all (if not then most) of the posters here agree with the idea. And some joker's gonna vote "No" for the lulz anyway.
smile.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
This seems like a good idea, but what if someone is able to ship to several different countries?
tongue.gif
That's fine. Anyone that is willing to buy or sell internationally is welcome to look at their posts.

As for how this should be implemented, there should be a drop box with every country in it, and you shouldn't be able to start a new trading area topic without selecting the country the item will be shipped from (or to, in the case of the WTB section).

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
Raika said:
This seems like a good idea, but what if someone is able to ship to several different countries?
tongue.gif
That's fine. Anyone that is willing to buy or sell internationally is welcome to look at their posts.

As for how this should be implemented, there should be a drop box with every country in it, and you shouldn't be able to start a new trading area topic without selecting the country the item will be shipped from (or to, in the case of the WTB section).
How about for the topics that can ship internationally use a Globe icon instead of a flag?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
How about for the topics that can ship internationally use a Globe icon instead of a flag?
Maybe a globe icon as well as the flag, but people still need to know where the country of origin/destination is. We don't want every buyer and seller to be able to defeat this idea by just selecting the globe. Just because someone is willing to ship an item from Ohio to Cairo doesn't mean someone in Cairo wants to buy something from Ohio.

QUOTE(WildWon @ Dec 23 2009, 06:31 AM) each member DOES have the flag next to their name...
Yes, but then you have for example Russians living in Uruguay that choose the Russian flag because that's how they identify themselves, or people that live in one country, but happen to be in another country when they need to buy or sell something. The country listed in the trading forum should be separate from the country selected in the user's profile.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Destructobot said:
Raika said:
Maybe a globe icon as well as the flag, but people still need to know where the country of origin/destination is. We don't want every buyer and seller to be able to defeat this idea by just selecting the globe. Just because someone is willing to ship an item from Ohio to Cairo doesn't mean someone in Cairo wants to buy something from Ohio.

There's also the matter of customs and excise when you ship internationally. You could be hit by a sizeable amount if the item is somewhat expensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth