Trading cable for Gameboy Micro?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SvOak18, May 16, 2009.

May 16, 2009
  1. SvOak18
    OP

Newcomer SvOak18 Newbie

United States
    Well i recently purchased myself a Gameboy micro, the first gameboy ive had since i was 12 (im 15 now), so now i have 2 quick questions about it.

1. Ive read that standard GBA link cables dont work on it, and neither do wireless ones, so are there any custom links for the micro i can use to trade pokemon with my friends? or do i have to go waste my cash on another gameboy?

2. (not really micro related) if i buy a flash card (i already have one picked out) can i trade the pokemon i have saved on it (on firered) to my real emerald game?

Thanks

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    There are official Gameboy Micro linker cables out there, but I don't know where you'd have to go to find them. I'd try Nintendo's online store first, and if that fails try used game stores or Ebay. Of course, this assumes your friends also have GBMs. If not, I'm not entirely sure if they make GBA-to-GBM link cable converters. It's worth looking up at least.

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Go first party, you can get the Gameboy Micro Link cables on their support page on Nintendo.com. Your banner says US, so shipping shouldn't break the bank. Remember that's Micro to Micro. The cable will be $10. If you need to connect to a Gameboy Advance (non Micro) you will also need a Game Boy micro Converter Connector. That will set you back $8. So you should be able to get both for less than $25 including shipping and applicable taxes. It's up to you if it's worth that.