Trade-in Values

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if there's a website (that's updated) that has trade-in values of video games at a GameStop. If not, then I'll try eBay.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
um...I thought Gamestop's website gave their trade-in values themselves. You do realize that trading in games is a MAJOR rip-off, right? As in simply giving them your money for buying a brand new game automatically degrades their value for the game at least $20 (seriously, even if its unopened, ever, they'll still majorly drop down the accepted value. You don't even have to leave the store)

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
While I agree that they will rip you off whatever you do (they are aiming to make a profit, and as big as possible), if you are going to trade games in (especially if you never play them and need the cash, you might as well), i'm pretty sure Gamestop will give you their values for major games on the website, although you can probably make more selling them through Ebay, etc.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In my experience they give the most money for the games they have less in stock of. (I got $25 for the wii version of world at war, that's half the original price!)

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They had a good trade in deal a few days ago. I remember reading about someone trading in Mass Effect 2 for $58 or something close.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're doing a 50% trade-in thing right now on games, not sure how far that applies but the potential fraud of the ad makes it look like any modern system. That would be probably worth it, but ebay or even opening an amazon account would be smarter.

And if you think they give the best, go find a ma and pa type private shop as they know if a game is worth something and will pay more in credit or cash than GS as they're the lowest of the low.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I WISH I had a local store around. Back in WI I used to go to one all the time D':

And I know they rip me off, but it was pretty much my only option if I can't use eBay... I'll try eBay. Thanks everyone
biggrin.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Last year I got £25 for Animal Crossing and £30 for Super Smash bros. for the gamecube.

It really depends on the demand and lack of stock.
They aren't really going to give you the same price for a game in the Imagine series even if it hasn't been opened.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prowler485 said:
Last year I got £25 for Animal Crossing and £30 for Super Smash bros. for the gamecube.

It really depends on the demand and lack of stock.
They aren't really going to give you the same price for a game in the Imagine series even if it hasn't been opened.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I only got £12 for Twilight Princess. So I guess what you say is true.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That +50% added trade in value at Lamestop ends on close of March 17th in the states. If they didn't intentionally lower their values due to this deal now is the time to strike. A $60 game could get you usually $30 but in this case $45 in trade-in right now which is near enough to be fair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent