Trade GB Red/Blue/Yellow Pokemon all the way up to Plat?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by TwinRetro, Mar 26, 2011.

1. TwinRetro
    OP

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    So...I just recently come across my old Red/Blue/Yellow carts, and I have TONS of legit trained lvl 100s in there, back from when I had no life, haha...

Now, my question is...is there any way that I can preserve these pokemon in a newer game like Plat? Obviously I have to make incremental trades, but are there going to be any cross-platform barriers that i'm going to have to worry about? This is assuming that I have all of the hardware that I need.

2. Silent Storm

Member Silent Storm GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Nope, you can't do it as they are not compatible with Ru/Sa.

You probably could if you managed to get the saves files off.....I read something about importing them into 4th gen games but it involved roms (I think).

3. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    You cannot.

Things (stats, gender etc) are stored differently in the save file, the best way is to pokesav a replica.

4. Sonataroger

Newcomer Sonataroger Member

United States
    I wish...I'm in the same boat...it's sinking

5. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Sorry. Cross-gen was cut off in the 3rd gen. You can only go to the 2nd gen, I'm afraid.

You CAN, however, PokeSav clones of them. You deserve them, I guess. Eh.

6. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    2nd to 3rd gen is for sure impossible. A little depressing really, as there were some great Pokemon in the first two gens people got from other events, along with hours of training.

Just gonna have to pokesav it up if it feels worth the time.

7. TwinRetro
    OP

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    This really does break my heart. You would think Game Freak would have found a way, but I suppose they have learned since then...

8. Necron

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile
    The main problem is not the hardware, but how pokemon were made back then. Pokemon only had a maximum of 15 IV per stat, and if I'm not wrong, the EVs could surpass the 255 each. So, technically, they would be illegal in 3rd and up generations.

9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Many of their stats were changed and the calculations were re-done between 2 and 3, so as stated anything from gen 1/2 would be illegal with they way they were set up.

10. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This plays into part of the reason why the first two generations have been rereleased. Granted the Pokemon you started training when you first got into the series back in 97 can't be preserved today, but at least you can play through the first 2 adventures and use those pokemon in the most current pokemon generations, but only through the rereleases: firered and leafgreen, and heartgold and soul silver (of course firered and leafgreen would require a ds with a gba slot, either the original phat or the dslite).