Hardware Track down a 4.55 PS4 Pro or just wait for 5.05 exploit?

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting this under hardware, since I'm interested in finding the hardware, but I guess it could fall under hacking as well; sorry if this is the wrong spot.

It seems like there's a 5.05 exploit on the way, so is it worth tracking down a 4.55 PS4 Pro despite it seems impossible to find a 4.55 Pro or is there a good 5.05~ bundle I should grab early?

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wouldn’t depend on the 5.05 exploit. Chance is very high that it won’t be released anyway or in months if not, years.

Reactions: KiiWii

tehrzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Posting this under hardware, since I'm interested in finding the hardware, but I guess it could fall under hacking as well; sorry if this is the wrong spot.

It seems like there's a 5.05 exploit on the way, so is it worth tracking down a 4.55 PS4 Pro despite it seems impossible to find a 4.55 Pro or is there a good 5.05~ bundle I should grab early?

just wait. there are no good homebrew for now on ps4. except ps2 loader (early phase) and of course backup loader. beside that nothing else.. ps4 dev hacking community is getting bigger. just play your games for now.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding there is already a 5.05 exploit, has been for a few months, possibly more than one, rumor is querty's won't be made public until they patch it (my guess is out of respect for Sony's online servers, they don't want to be the cause of people going offline, or starting a mass console ban.) which is understandable, also the more information they reveal before it is patched might give information to Sony about other entries.

That said, I think it's a matter patience, if you want it now, get it, otherwise I think a 5.05 will likely be release at soon after the next update, but that's just my opinion!

D

Deleted-355425

It’s taken almost a year since 4.55 came out for a public kexploit and userland exploit to be released.

Reactions: KiiWii

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wait. there are no good homebrew for now on ps4. except ps2 loader (early phase) and of course backup loader. beside that nothing else.. ps4 dev hacking community is getting bigger. just play your games for now.

What are you talking about ? You can play backup games on 4.55 with fkpkg through debug. 4.55 exploitable is now stable and less crashes.

adrian226

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why hackers watining so long with public releases ? Mby sony paying them for that :D lets make money donations for qwertyoruiop so he release its earlier.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why hackers watining so long with public releases ? Mby sony paying them for that :D lets make money donations for qwertyoruiop so he release its earlier.

If Sony would be paying anything then it'd rather be something more permanent than delaying a release.

On a totally different note, what would you guys think is more likely regarding future firmwares? Sony patching some entrypoints or hiding/getting rid of debug mode as it is right now?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Am quite new to this, but I think the hackers are waiting for Sony to release the firmware 5.50, which has major updates, and then release the vulnerability to public. This will prevent Sony from patching that vulnerability in 5.50.

Again, like I said. Very new to this, so don't know :P

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How many games are hackeable right now , 30 ? 40 ? 50 ? does anybody knows
There are well over 150+ dumped PS4 games and several hundred compatible PS2 games.

The developers always wait until the last moment to release an exploit, as if they release it too soon, sony will patch it out in higher firmware. The longer they hold it the more games will work on it when it is eventually released.

It's a good strategy IMHO.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, I just bought a 4.55 ps4 pro and I'm just set it up on a 2tb hdd and then just stick it in my closet and forget about it. Just to have it for now so I'm not gonna pay out the ass for one later when the seen is 100 times better.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
What are you talking about ? You can play backup games on 4.55 with fkpkg through debug. 4.55 exploitable is now stable and less crashes.
is the current state still stuck with 4.55 games? no 4.55+ games will run right? and what are the chances of it being able to run 4.55+ games (similarly to how now the vita can run the 3.60+ games).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the current state still stuck with 4.55 games? no 4.55+ games will run right? and what are the chances of it being able to run 4.55+ games (similarly to how now the vita can run the 3.60+ games).

No, you are still stuck with 4.55 games for now.. No 4.55+ games will run at all. They still have 5.00 and 5.01 fully exploitable in private for now. A 5.50 as well but no kernal exploitable just yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol